• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Warrior Nun S2. I hope that doesn't get cancelled.
The Warrior Nun landing page on Netflix says a second season is coming, so unless Netflix changes its mind, (like it did with Queen Sono) we should get something eventually.

And speaking of shows that ended on cliffhangers and deserved another season, Teenage Bounty Hunters is genuinely worth checking out, even knowing it's a one season wonder. Seriously, it's a great show.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those of you who liked Fate: Winx Saga, Motherland:Fort Salem (Hulu) is right up your alley, and pretty solid.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now I'm watching The Pacific. They've done a great job conveying the terror of jungle warfare as well as the suicidal bonsai charges by the Japanese, among other things.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those of you who liked Fate: Winx Saga, Motherland:Fort Salem (Hulu) is right up your alley, and pretty solid.
I had some issues with the internal logic of the world building in the first season, but I enjoyed it. Haven't managed to start this season yet; maybe I'll do some binge watching this weekend.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
downton-abbey.jpg

Had not ever watched 1 ep of this until I was perusing through Netflix last night and saw it listed. I figured I would give it a shot.

Got to ep 3. Solid....and I will definitely look to catch a few eps every night this week.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just rewatched the entire run, including the movie. There are some slow moments; some "no one would act like that" moments; and more than a few "Oh no, we're about to lose everything. Wait, you'll give us a bajillion pounds? Hurrah, we're saved." episodes. And McGovern's god-awful acting. But there is also greatness in the Dowager, Spratt and Carson.

lefty

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Casual MCU fan. Enjoying Loki. Is Falcon & Winter Soldier worth watching?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes?

It's ok, overall, but it is definitely tied in more tightly to the MCU, so some of what's going on might not make a lot of sense if you're not fully up to speed. It also tried to do too many things, story-wise, and ends up doing most of them not especially well. It's moderately entertaining, though.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual MCU fan. Enjoying Loki. Is Falcon & Winter Soldier worth watching?
Yes?

It's ok, overall, but it is definitely tied in more tightly to the MCU, so some of what's going on might not make a lot of sense if you're not fully up to speed. It also tried to do too many things, story-wise, and ends up doing most of them not especially well. It's moderately entertaining, though.

If you've seen endgame, there shouldn't be much more background you need to know to dive into Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Overall, I liked Loki more than Falcon and Winter Soldier, but both were entertaining.

Hmmm

Resident Alien it is then.
^ Good show.

lefty

Loved loved loved Resident Alien, can not wait for more....

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Thanks boys.

Yep, really enjoying Resident Alien, although finding its schtick hard to take in binge quantities. 2 eps and I'll be squealing with laughter throughout. By the 3rd, I'm eye rolling a little. Rationing will be key.

I'll prob do F&WS just out of boredom soon enough I guess. Cap was always my least fave Avenger, and I can't claim to be all that excited about the hand-me-down vibranium thing. Belongs in the thrift store brag thread.

In among all the multiverse pondering after Loki yesterday, I learned that my other half never saw Into The Spider Verse, so that is queued up too.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Into The Spider-verse is so damn good. I really hope Spider-verse 2 doesn't suck.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started White lotus on HBO. There are only two episodes out. Pretty compelling & well acted. I was quickly interested in the characters.

Steve Zahn is a national treasure and Alexandra Dadarrio is distractingly stunning. Two reasons to keep watching but I hate waiting a week between eps.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm only three episodes in, but Resident Alien is fantastic.

Why did none of you jerks recommend it? What's the purpose of this thread if I have to find all the good stuff on my own?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads