• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it's the 'last season', but they're doing a spin off where he's still the main character? I'm confused.
Binged out and watched through to the end? Not happy least of all about a potential spin off…shudders..be afraid very afraid.

Think I’ll just stick with the books from now on. Pity it was a great series seasons 1 to 6 that is.

Nikos

Reaction score
I've never even heard of this and I'm a big Stephen Graham fan. What episode does Sean Bean die?

Stephen Graham is great in it as well. But you know that.

I think it's time for this. I have postponed it too many times.
images.jpg

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Harrow on Hulu - S1 is pretty good.
Australian crime drama - main character (Ioan Gruffudd AKA Reed Richards from Fantastic Four) is a forensic pathologist

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Australian crime drama - main character (Ioan Gruffudd AKA Reed Richards from Fantastic Four) is a forensic pathologist

Some of Season 1 was filmed in a building directly opposite my old office, and the lunchroom faced the building.

You could always tell when Gruffud was on set, because about half of the females in the office would be clustered around the lunchroom windows!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Harrow on Hulu - S1 is pretty good.

Forever (originally on ABC in the dreaded 10pm slot, but currently streaming for free on CW Seed) - Ioan Gruffudd is a Medical Examiner (does he only play doctors?) who is immortal; tries to figure out why, how to die, and protect his secret. Cancelled after 1 season, but actually really good.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Get Shorty - yes or no boys?

Big fan of the 90s movie and the Elmore Leonard book...as to the show, I am half way through the pilot and not feelin' it. Do I forge on or forego?

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Big fan of the 90s movie and the Elmore Leonard book...as to the show, I am half way through the pilot and not feelin' it. Do I forge on or forego?
I couldn't get into it and I really like Chris O'Dowd. I wanted to like it as I'm a fan of the movie as well.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I couldn't get into it and I really like Chris O'Dowd. I wanted to like it as I'm a fan of the movie as well.

What Patrick said, and you alluded to. I liked the book, loved the movie, like Chris O in most things, but could NOT get into the tv version.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Binged out and watched through to the end? Not happy least of all about a potential spin off…shudders..be afraid very afraid.

Think I’ll just stick with the books from now on. Pity it was a great series seasons 1 to 6 that is.

Personally...I'm definitely still gonna watch the spinoff. Who doesn't like a good old gritty private detective story?

Unless I am missing something (like that that storyline is a well known "low point" in the books or something)

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally...I'm definitely still gonna watch the spinoff. Who doesn't like a good old gritty private detective story?

Unless I am missing something (like that that storyline is a well known "low point" in the books or something)
What I got at the end of the last show was that his daughter will be his silent partner as she will be in the force in his cold case pursuits. I hope I’m wrong.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What I got at the end of the last show was that his daughter will be his silent partner as she will be in the force in his cold case pursuits. I hope I’m wrong.

I was thinking more like she's his veronica mars--part of his reaction to her telling him she applied to be a cop and needed his reference was because he thought there was a good chance he wouldn't be a cop anymore in a couple days. She's finally made this big decision to follow in his footsteps, but the LAPD is never going to hire her after what he's about to do.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed Loki, although the first 20 minutes of the first episode was just awful. I almost turned it off but W1 reminded me that other shows we have really enjoyed started off slow (like Succession). I'm glad I stuck with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics