What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Jun 2, 2014.

1. bahlsdheep

bahlsdheep Well-Known Member

Awesome character driven drama, based around the evolution of medical/surgical techniques in the 1900s. Clive Owen is awesome in this and there are some other great supporting characters (Jeremy Bob, Andre Holland and Chris Sullivan in particular). Probably one of the best shows on TV right now, but never got any promotion at all (outside of NY, where I've heard it got a bus stop ad campaign). Bonus: you get to see Bono's (yes, of U2 fame) daughter give a guy a hand job in season 2.

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

Why?

3. b1os

b1os Senior member

It won't protect you in any way versus legal prosecution. Just use OCHs.

4. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

5. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Is there a lot of blood and gross stuff?

No one is talking about Clive Owen being the next Bond. Everyone wanted him to get it before Craig was announced way back when. I don't think he's handsome enough to be Bond, but it would be a good chance at redemption after having a blond Bond.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  6. bahlsdheep

bahlsdheep Well-Known Member

It's not really gory at all. There is maybe 2-3 mins of camera time devoted to seeing the actual surgeries performed per episode and they're deliberately shot so as not to be graphic.

He could be a good Bond. He couldn't carry the "shitkicker" aspect as much as Craig, but I could see the smooth/cunning character working for him.

Everyone seems to want Idris Elba (and truthfully I think he would be good for the role), but Skyfall somewhat closed the door on that, as it showed that the Bonds are actually the same guy and not just subsequent agents with the same codename, 007.

7. b1os

b1os Senior member

Quite a bit. A minute or two per episode, usually. Not that bad though if you've got a somewhat strong stomach. Great series overall, great soundtrack.

8. javyn

javyn Senior member

Legal prosecution? I'm not Mr. Robot here, just trying to mask my IP address.

9. b1os

b1os Senior member

You were recommending it to someone who got caught watching streams online (is it even illegal in the US? streams are a grey area in Germany). It won't protect him. Hence it's wasted money.

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Interestingly, this show has now grown a lot on me. Don't think I'll call it great but it's just very pleasurable to watch and see Dev (the lead character) go through similar situations I have been. The acting ain't great and somehow that's beside the point (you also see much less of Aziz' parents after episode 2 or 3). Clair Dane's cameo was really good.

11. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I loved every scene with Dev's dad. Not a GREAT show but I enjoyed it quite a bit more than most I've seen this year.

Finished Season 2 of Bojack Horseman which is both great and depressing as hell.

[​IMG]

Starting Jessica Jones tonight.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  12. javyn

javyn Senior member

I still don't understand why a VPN won't protect you. It hides your IP and IP is how they find you. If you get caught here in the states your ISP will send you a warning letter and I think you have 3 strikes before they cut off your connection.

Only notifications I get from my ISP are when I breach my data cap.

PIA also has a nice little client that has "leak protection" or some such. If the VPN server drops, your internet connection is immediately cut off.

Anyway, finished House of Cards. On the lookout for another good Nflix show.

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

The ep with Dane in it was pretty good.

This is sort of reminding me of Seinfeld at this point. All of the main characters are rather hard to like and useless people yet they make you laugh.

14. b1os

b1os Senior member

Who is "they"? Your ISP? Or the rights owner of the series? If the latter, they'll hold the VPN provider viable, and the VPN provider will hand them out your IP.

Anyway, probably enough off-topic talk. :p

15. javyn

javyn Senior member

Not really, actually not at all.