• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote: Awesome character driven drama, based around the evolution of medical/surgical techniques in the 1900s. Clive Owen is awesome in this and there are some other great supporting characters (Jeremy Bob, Andre Holland and Chris Sullivan in particular). Probably one of the best shows on TV right now, but never got any promotion at all (outside of NY, where I've heard it got a bus stop ad campaign). Bonus: you get to see Bono's (yes, of U2 fame) daughter give a guy a hand job in season 2.

Really into this right now. How could you forget about the 'Golden Lotus" in season 1

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The_Knick_Promo_Poster.jpg

Is there a lot of blood and gross stuff?

No one is talking about Clive Owen being the next Bond. Everyone wanted him to get it before Craig was announced way back when. I don't think he's handsome enough to be Bond, but it would be a good chance at redemption after having a blond Bond.

Last edited:

bahlsdheep

Reaction score

No one is talking about Clive Owen being the next Bond. Everyone wanted him to get it before Craig was announced way back when. I don't think he's handsome enough to be Bond, but it would be a good chance at redemption after having a blond Bond.

It's not really gory at all. There is maybe 2-3 mins of camera time devoted to seeing the actual surgeries performed per episode and they're deliberately shot so as not to be graphic.

He could be a good Bond. He couldn't carry the "shitkicker" aspect as much as Craig, but I could see the smooth/cunning character working for him.

Everyone seems to want Idris Elba (and truthfully I think he would be good for the role), but Skyfall somewhat closed the door on that, as it showed that the Bonds are actually the same guy and not just subsequent agents with the same codename, 007.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quite a bit. A minute or two per episode, usually. Not that bad though if you've got a somewhat strong stomach. Great series overall, great soundtrack.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It won't protect you in any way versus legal prosecution. Just use OCHs.

Legal prosecution? I'm not Mr. Robot here, just trying to mask my IP address.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Legal prosecution? I'm not Mr. Robot here, just trying to mask my IP address.

You were recommending it to someone who got caught watching streams online (is it even illegal in the US? streams are a grey area in Germany). It won't protect him. Hence it's wasted money.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Watched first couple of epi's for Master of None. Some of the acting really sucks (I think he casted his real parents) but the fact it kept making me think someone was filming GF's life gave me a chuckle.

Interestingly, this show has now grown a lot on me. Don't think I'll call it great but it's just very pleasurable to watch and see Dev (the lead character) go through similar situations I have been. The acting ain't great and somehow that's beside the point (you also see much less of Aziz' parents after episode 2 or 3). Clair Dane's cameo was really good.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved every scene with Dev's dad. Not a GREAT show but I enjoyed it quite a bit more than most I've seen this year.

Finished Season 2 of Bojack Horseman which is both great and depressing as hell.

Starting Jessica Jones tonight.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You were recommending it to someone who got caught watching streams online (is it even illegal in the US? streams are a grey area in Germany). It won't protect him. Hence it's wasted money.

I still don't understand why a VPN won't protect you. It hides your IP and IP is how they find you. If you get caught here in the states your ISP will send you a warning letter and I think you have 3 strikes before they cut off your connection.

Only notifications I get from my ISP are when I breach my data cap.

PIA also has a nice little client that has "leak protection" or some such. If the VPN server drops, your internet connection is immediately cut off.

Anyway, finished House of Cards. On the lookout for another good Nflix show.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Interestingly, this show has now grown a lot on me. Don't think I'll call it great but it's just very pleasurable to watch and see Dev (the lead character) go through similar situations I have been. The acting ain't great and somehow that's beside the point (you also see much less of Aziz' parents after episode 2 or 3). Clair Dane's cameo was really good.

The ep with Dane in it was pretty good.

This is sort of reminding me of Seinfeld at this point. All of the main characters are rather hard to like and useless people yet they make you laugh.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I still don't understand why a VPN won't protect you. It hides your IP and IP is how they find you. If you get caught here in the states your ISP will send you a warning letter and I think you have 3 strikes before they cut off your connection.

Who is "they"? Your ISP? Or the rights owner of the series? If the latter, they'll hold the VPN provider viable, and the VPN provider will hand them out your IP.

Anyway, probably enough off-topic talk. :p

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

they'll hold the VPN provider viable, and the VPN provider will hand them out your IP.

Not really, actually not at all.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not really, actually not at all.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/terms-of-service/
You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with use of this service. You must also agree that you nor any other user that you have provided access to will not engage in any of the following activities:

Uploading, possessing, receiving, transporting, or distributing any copyrighted, trademark, or patented content which you do not own or lack written consent or a license from the copyright owner;

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads