• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Abe G from OGJamaica or from Jamaica Plains, NY or some other Jamaicaetcetc?

I ask because, while I cannot speak from personal experience (having never been to OGJ, and having only ever transited JP,NY enroute to JFK (and certainly never having had any welding work done while passing through there, iirc)), and so perhaps all Jamaican-origin welders indeed do have two first names, or maybe it might just be that Abe's brothers Bill, Edwin, Kevin, Marcus, Samuel George and sisters Pauline and Susie of course fit that rule, I'm not sure that either way we should trust Abe regarding all Jamaicans, given this list (which I assume represents a decent cross-section of Jamaicans with names).

I do know a guy named Frank The Welder (with a capital "T" sometimes but not always), but he's not Jamaican, nor even from the NYC area. He's just a nice crotchety older bearded guy from Vermont, who makes really great bicycle frames and really great maple syrup (but "Frank The Welder And Maple Syrup Maker" just doesn't have the same ring to it to him, I guess).
No

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lupin S2 is out, but despite watching all of the first, Netflix didn't show it to me, put it in any new/suggested categories, etc.

I had to hear about it from my Mom and then go manually search for it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lupin S2 is out, but despite watching all of the first, Netflix didn't show it to me, put it in any new/suggested categories, etc.

I had to hear about it from my Mom and then go manually search for it.

giphy.gif

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone seen Travelers? Showing up on my Netflix feed, rated highly on Imdb/RT, but don't think I've heard anyone talk about it

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jack Irish season 4 public holiday Monday so binged out. Guy Pearce reignites the role for one last investigation.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen travelers? Showing up on my Netflix feed, rated highly on Imdb/RT, but don't think I've heard anyone talk about it
I've watched the first season after seeing it pop up in my Netflix recommendations for a while. I like it so far; the base premise of time travel is handled reasonably logically and the character development is solid. It's not going to blow your mind, but it's good entertainment. I'd rate it a B, with the caveat that it could change with future seasons.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2z1xkkht8r471.jpg

Just started this today. Finished ep 1.

Close to 200 people board a plane from Jamaica back to NYC. After a mid flight "incident", the plane makes a landing at an upstate NY airport.......FIVE YEARS after takeoff! Huh?

Air traffic control is confused. The flight was reported missing 5 years prior and everyone on board presumed dead. They are all healthy and just as confused.

The people in their lives have aged and many have moved on. However, some try to make it work.

But that's not all.....the 200 people are hearing voices and those voices lead them to do things that can't be explained. I can't explain it either as I am only finished with ep1.

I would give this a 3/5 so far. I need to know/see where it is headed before a final score.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loki, I am enjoying Loki..... Love the weird old school Doctor Who vibes....

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loki looks really promising. Just binged Mythic Quest - lurving it.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Lockdown. Binged all 5 seasons of Better Call Saul in a week. This is a sad indictment of my life. Didn't particularly like it either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads