• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol. I dont think many would make the leap that learning about Pablo and the 80s drug wave means youre a cokehead or some kinda shady character that knows wholesalers or something...if this is what youre driving at. :p

I do think it's odd that youd rate the show based primarily on what "new" info it tells you about PE given you know a good amount already...kinda bound to be dissapointed w this expectation.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ter youre crazy bra. I read that Bowden book - albeit a few years ago - and saw all the CC docus (which dont deal w Pablo on this level at all BTW) and I think the series was awesome. I already finished it. Who cares if it follows the book anyway? That's the real sequence of events. Also the show is unique in how much subtitled Spanish dialogue they do. Really neat feeling of "authenticity" or something with this IMO

The Elite Squad director constructs crazy graphic realism shootouts, the Pablo actor is superb in the role, and there's TnA to boot(y). +Luis Guzman

You can hit the show on a heavy overreliance on v/o narration by mr doesnt speak Spanish DEA guy. Frankly I didnt care about this personally.

Min 4/5

Gotta agree here. I think elaborate buildup and character development is left out of so many shows nowadays because the creators think the audience won't notice small missing details. I am on episode 6 and haven't noticed any. The fact that it's based on a true story just makes it that much more compelling.

And yes, I have seen Cocaine Cowboys.

Also, anyone who hasn't seen Wagner Moura (Escobar) in his movies Elite Squad 1 and 2....do that immediately.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lol. I dont think many would make the leap that learning about Pablo and the 80s drug wave means youre a cokehead or some kinda shady character that knows wholesalers or something...if this is what youre driving at. :p

I do think it's odd that youd rate the show based primarily on what "new" info it tells you about PE given you know a good amount already...kinda bound to be dissapointed w this expectation.

After 3 episodes, the show really has not made me say "wow." I can choose to watch 3 or so more episodes later today or skip it and pick it up later in the week. It just hasn't drawn me in.

Not rating it on "new" info. Maybe that was the wrong way to convey how I felt so far.

I will push through to the end and give it a complete review after.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, anyone who hasn't seen Wagner Moura (Escobar) in his movies Elite Squad 1 and 2....do that immediately.

Oh man I havent seen #1 in years and beers and #2 slipped by me I think. With this additional info (Moura) I must do 1 and 2 - max the same week - ASAP

Gracias hermano!

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After 3 episodes, the show really has not made me say "wow." I can choose to watch 3 or so more episodes later today or skip it and pick it up later in the week. It just hasn't drawn me in.

Not rating it on "new" info. Maybe that was the wrong way to convey how I felt so far.

I will push through to the end and give it a complete review after.

Gotcha. I remain naievely hopeful after ep10 it'll get the ter stamp of approval at 4/5 or better.
....Unfortunately I already know you are like the superstrict county judge no crook wants to draw, ceptin' on flicks and shows. "Maximum Ter"

"I've sentenced shows younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them." :p

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I know the minimum about Pablo as I really don't care to seek out detailed information on folks like that in terms of documentaries, etc. It's just so far removed from useful information the only way I'd give it any time is through the form of entertainment, i.e. this Netflix program. I've enjoyed the acting and I've enjoyed the scenery. I take the details being given as loosely true and that this story is just some entertainment.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. Zackly.

The details are pretty tight concerning PE re: the chronology of events, from what I can see...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Via Netflix.

I just started watching this over the weekend. It has that dry British humor which isn't for everyone.
It details the inside workings of the BBC after a new manager comes on board.
I like this....but as I said..it's not for everyone.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Watched the first two eps of The Transporter series based off the Jason Statham movie. Best thing about it is the opening theme song is a cover of Rush's Working Man.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watched the first two eps of The Transporter series based off the Jason Statham movie. Best thing about it is the opening theme song is a cover of Rush's Working Man.

That's good. Id humbly suggest Styx's "Blue Collar Man" would have been better. :nodding:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

That's good. Id humbly suggest Styx's "Blue Collar Man" would have been better. :nodding:

And you are trying to convince us you're Canadian?

Busted.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And you are trying to convince us you're Canadian?

Busted.

Iol. I cannot tell if youre joking w this long running citizenship/residence challenge or not...Ill snap a pic of my National Post newspaper held up against the CN tower later for you tho irregardless..like a hostage time stamp pic kinda thing... :happy:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Iol. I cannot tell if youre joking w this long running citizenship/residence challenge or not...Ill snap a pic of my National Post newspaper held up against the CN tower later for you tho irregardless..like a hostage time stamp pic kinda thing... :happy:

Proof of life!
Let's see it!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched the first episode of Narcos. I'm cautiously optimistic about the show so far.

is the portrayal of the drug trade in Miami during the 80s accurate?

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the first episode of Narcos. I'm cautiously optimistic about the show so far.

is the portrayal of the drug trade in Miami during the 80s accurate?

The truth is sometimes stranger than fiction and cocaine is well its cocaine

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads