1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What trouser combination is good?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sohabe, Sep 14, 2012.

1. sohabe

sohabe Member

Hi.. I am terrible with combinations as it is. I have a tailored suit coat that fits awesome but the pants got destroyed. I tried wearing them with black trousers and it looks awful. What colour pants should I buy to create a combination.

I was reading in the forum not to mix suit coats with jeans, which I tend to agree sometimes they look too off. Not sure about this coat.

It is Zenga fabric with a sheen/shiny thing going on (that isn't showing in the picture too well) Would it work with white AX casual pants or navy blue trousers?

Couldn't figure out how to upload a photo so here is a link of it: http://s8.postimage.org/w6eab2xgl/20120914_201401.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. sohabe

sohabe Member

hmmm. how do I upload a pic?

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

So it is an orphan: Burn it.

It also appears to be fused and to be to be degrading which makes it unattractive. Suit coats do not make sports coats.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  4. md2010

md2010 Senior member

^^This. Also the low gorge makes it look so dated.

5. sohabe

sohabe Member

Thank you for the replies, fused yes :(, degrading a lil, old style: yes courtesy of the stubborn 75 year old Italian tailor :(

maybe off to a foreign country it goes, which the person who receives it may decide to burn there lol, but probably somebody will just wear it.

Question was which colour to match trousers with? I was messing around with a brownish trousers and seemed okay. Even if it is not this jacket, I have CK blazer that is the same colour as the photo without the sheen, what trousers do you generally match grey coats with?

6. sohabe

sohabe Member

btw way it is pretty cool how you can tell in a flash that it is fused just by seeing the photo, how is it so evident if you don't mind me asking, I am here to learn so I would appreciate your insight

7. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Puckering.

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

If you must wear this - then match this with dark navy pants.

9. sohabe

sohabe Member

lol consider it gone, but I had the CK one (different from the one pictured) to figure out so navy pants it is.

Thanks,