1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to wear?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by abc123, Sep 5, 2006.

1. abc123

abc123 Senior Member

Gents,

I will be attending an evening presentation by a bank (at my university), and I has hoping to get some input on what the proper attire would be for such an event. It is at 6pm, and from what little I know about the presentation, it is simply to provide an overview about the company and the opportunities they offer for summer and post graduation. There was absolutely no guidance on the invite, and I have never attended such an event, so please let me know if I am way off base.

I am planning on wearing a navy blazer, white or white with subtle blue striped shirt, navy/gold regimental, either khakai chinos or grey trousers, and burgundy AE penny loafers. Will I be overdressed in this, or should I consider a suit? Many thanks in advance!

2. nelly

nelly Senior Member

I think what you have planned is fine. There will almost always be mingling afterwards so you should look presentable. I will say though (after going through the recruiting process) that at the end of the day, what you wear to this one presentation will have no bearing on whether your resume gets pulled from the binder of thousands for the all mighty...First Round Banking Interview.

That being said, it doesn't mean you can't make a good impression to one of the presenters which may help your chances if they remember you. What you wear to the actual interview is much more important.

3. Dragon

Dragon Distinguished Member

Why not play it safe and wear the suit.

If it was me, I wouldn`t wear a navy blazer and khaki chinos to an evening invitation...but I don`t think you would look totally out of place by going with that either.