• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear with this jacket?

mdg137

Reaction score
I snagged this PRL 100% cashmere jacket a week ago, thinking it was considerably less subtle in color than it actually turned out to be. (The seller's photos were poorly color balanced).

I had intended to wear it around the office or out, with a sense of whimsy--

As it turns out, it is much more subdued in person (at least in color palette), and, God help me, I actually like the jacket-- The fit is absolutely spot on for me as well. I just hope this is not an indication of some sort of trend in my tastes!

I am considering wearing it with jeans and brown suede wingtips, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Honestly, that jacket is so ugly I don't think anyone is going to notice if you had on high heels.

mdg137

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Sounds good to me. Honestly, that jacket is so ugly I don't think anyone is going to notice if you had on high heels.

I dont disagree-- that is part of the charm...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads