• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to wear with this Harris Tweed jacket?

B-Rogue

Reaction score
Wanted to wear this jacket in a smart casual way. Any idea what I may be able to combine it with please? The jacket is a plain pattern with green, blue and yellow wool mixed together.

Last edited:

decumulate

Reaction score
I love the colors. It seems like you could wear that with a lot - khaki's, most color flannel pants, any pattern shirt in the color range, navy/purple sweaters underneath. I can't really see that paired well with charcoal/grey type colors pants or shirts.

B-Rogue

Reaction score
I love the colors. It seems like you could wear that with a lot - khaki's, most color flannel pants, any pattern shirt in the color range, navy/purple sweaters underneath. I can't really see that paired well with charcoal/grey type colors pants or shirts.
It does have some really nice colours instead. And rather unusual cloth.

Unfortunately I dont have any flannel trousers however I do have a pair of burgundy winter chinos which are thick and soft and quite a similar texture to flannel. Would tapered navy chinos and/or jeans go well with this?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That jacket could go with almost any gray pants, as long as there is some color contrast.

tobinbridge

Reaction score
OCBD, Blue or White with a Rep tie, Khaki's, and penny loafers. that is all. Nice jacket btw

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark blue denims, chinos, grey/blacktrousers - indeed it is no different from most such sports coats.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 52 16.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 106 34.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.3%