• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to wear with these shoes

sandcracker21

Reaction score
I really like these shoes and can picture them with a fine blue suit, but have trouble using my imagination past this as I'm a little new to finer style.

What pants / chinos, jeans, etc. would go well with a pair of shoes like these? Also, what do you gents think of these shoes? Not 'too much' I hope..

Attachments

Flashbang

Reaction score
Closed lacing, cap toe, no medallion, might not pair the best with jeans and casual chinos. They should otherwise be pretty versatile.

I would like to see them paired with heavy cuffed flecked olive tweed trousers. Light blue solid oxford. Rust blazer with blue windowpane.

Slate blue cords, tan tight weave turtleneck, darker taupe POW check coat with a vibrant overcheck?

Chocolate flannel trousers, white tattersall shirt, solid fire engine red cardigan?

Attachments

johng70

Reaction score
That color will work with blues and all the lighter earth tones - as long as there's enough shade contrast vs the shoes. If the shade of pants starts getting too close then ti's a little off. Grey can work but it's definitely a bolder combination. Black pants are a no-go.

sandcracker21

Reaction score
If one were to wear them with a little dressier (light earth tone) chinos, would short socks be better then long or would that depend on the weather?

I also like those heavy olive tweed pants

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.