1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What to wear with these shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Caveat, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I have a bad habit of buying things that look cool in a vacuum, but don't go with my wardrobe and they end up at Goodwill. I got these Generic Man shoes from Gilt. They have me intrigued, but I'm not sure what to match them with. Suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

3. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

I have a bad habit of buying things that look cool in a vacuum, but don't go with my wardrobe and they end up at Goodwill. I got these Generic Man shoes from Gilt. They have me intrigued, but I'm not sure what to match them with. Suggestions? [​IMG]
    I think that donating these to good will could constitute abuse of the needy.[​IMG]

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I think that donating these to good will could constitute abuse of the needy.[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Well, I could still return them. What don't you like about them? They seem pretty interesting to me.

6. ferguscan

ferguscan Senior member

IMO, grey shoes = yuck yuck yuck

7. mystillwater

mystillwater Senior member

they're nice... i've got a similar pair. wear them in the summer like bucks. linen pants, rolled up slim chinos, jeans.... just not office pants..

8. Brian_I

Brian_I Well-Known Member

9. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

Not for me; however, if you did really want to keep them: jeans; chinos; and linen, cotton or tropical wool trousers (ideally pale colours or white).

They are too smart for t-shirts and jeans, and too casual for most smart occasions. In addition, they are the type of shoes that (depending on local weather) could be worn in the summer and late-spring.

10. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

You could also wear them with a linen suit minding the color tones of each will compliment one another.
    On my screen they look more like a tope color than grey.
    This and/or bone color for shoes doesn't get much love on SF but I think they are ok.
    A few scuffs and they'll look perfect.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

they're alright for streetwear for summer

12. gram thorpe

gram thorpe Active Member

Blue or carbon blue jeans would look wonderful with this pair of shoe.

13. chrisb0109

chrisb0109 Senior member

I like them, lots of possibilities.

What you wear should be fun, not every outfit has to be perfectly homogenous.

14. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Well, I could still return them. What don't you like about them? They seem pretty interesting to me.
    You mean they vendor would actually take these back? I would assume they've been trying to sell these since 1977. The toes are already curled off the ground and they havent ever been worn?

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I have a bad habit of buying things that look cool in a vacuum, but don't go with my wardrobe and they end up at Goodwill. I got these Generic Man shoes from Gilt. They have me intrigued, but I'm not sure what to match them with. Suggestions?

[​IMG]

Linen trousers will be a must.

16. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

A few scuffs and they'll look perfect.

It's odd that you mentioned this because I've never thought of shoes this way, but I did when I got these. I don't know what about them made me think it, but we are on the same wavelength.

17. mucho stereo

mucho stereo New Member