• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear with these pants?

cmrocks

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of Modern Amusement dress pants. They are dark grey with fairly subtle blue and lighter grey stripes. 70% wool and 30% polyester. Here's a picture:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/produ...4C9B884273D8EF

I need to pick up a nicer top to wear with these pants. So far, I have been wearing them really casually with a plain blue tshirt and black/white adidas sneakers.

Any suggestions for something to go with those? I was thinking either a black mockneck sweater or a really thin blue cashmere crewneck. I don't really like button up shirts all that much. Just a personal preferance.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
I just picked up a pair of Modern Amusement dress pants. They are dark grey with fairly subtle blue and lighter grey stripes. 70% wool and 30% polyester. Here's a picture:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/produ...4C9B884273D8EF

I need to pick up a nicer top to wear with these pants. So far, I have been wearing them really casually with a plain blue tshirt and black/white adidas sneakers.

Any suggestions for something to go with those? I was thinking either a black mockneck sweater or a really thin blue cashmere crewneck. I don't really like button up shirts all that much. Just a personal preferance.

Cashmere crewneck is the best of the two choices you've outlined, but I think a really nice slim fit oxford or other buttoned shirt will still be your best bet, have you tried nice fitted ones like Band of Outsiders or similar shirts?

cmrocks

Reaction score
I'll try a nice fitted shirt but I doubt I'll like it. I refuse to wear shirts like that untucked with dress pants but I'm not really a fan of the tucked in look either. I'll look around but I probably go with a sweater or something. I was thinking a nice henley shirt might work too.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll try a nice fitted shirt but I doubt I'll like it. I refuse to wear shirts like that untucked with dress pants but I'm not really a fan of the tucked in look either. I'll look around but I probably go with a sweater or something. I was thinking a nice henley shirt might work too.

Well there are some shirts that are made to be worn untucked because they're cut shorter, you may want to check one of them out... I think something this would look good:

ban1800_large.jpg

I think the sweater look is ok as well, and I used to do that fairly often, but I think if you're going to do that, you should go with something w/ stripes to make the look a little less monochromatic... something like this would be cool:

yhst-1478880498451_1920_634419

or even the blue stripe sweater I was talking about earlier:

yhst-1478880498451_1918_3066792

cmrocks

Reaction score
I think a striped sweater or striped shirt with striped pants would be too much personally.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think a striped sweater or striped shirt with striped pants would be too much personally.
The pants you're wearing don't really look patterned, and I'm thinking in the dark they won't look anything besides solid black. I can hardly even see the stripes in the front detail picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads