• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what to wear with the shirts I have from jermyn street

v84

Reaction score
ok guys, I have one double cuff shirt, charles tyrwhitt (tails- tuck in) , and a single cuff shirt, with an extra wide collar from the hawes & curtis fashion range (shorter, perhaps wear untucked???) .

Im young and only just getting into real clothing and would like help choosing garments to wear with these shirts, they just dont look right to me with jeans.

Im in the UK and dont really want to spend more than £100 on an item.

Suggestions please...

v84

Reaction score
left is hawes & curtis

right is tyrwhitt

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charcoal wool pants go with nearly everything. A grey suit is an obvious choice as well, but you said under 100 quid...

v84

Reaction score
suit would be an obvious choice, but I was asking for suggestions on what to wear on my legs. Also I dont wear a suit to much.

Any particular style of trouser I should go for??

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by v84
suit would be an obvious choice, but I was asking for suggestions on what to wear on my legs. Also I dont wear a suit to much.

Any particular style of trouser I should go for??

Slim, flat front, no cuffs. Incotex or Purple Label (on ebay, to keep your budget) come to mind.

v84

Reaction score
its just my cuffed selvedge jeans look odd with them,

what sort of shoes should I go for in context with the shirt and trousers?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crockett and Jones on sale would be a good option. You could go anywhere from brogues to wholecuts.

v84

Reaction score
RL purple lable cotton trousers look to be exactly what im after, slim, no pleats etc, great suggestion edward, thanks.

I have some very elegant camel jones's bootmaker lace ups, kinda pointy with a squared off toe, and some dark brown driving shoes also.

RL purple lable seems to be the missing link I needed, thanks very much edward.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads