Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to wear with my new seersuckers?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by alaaro, Jul 11, 2004.

1. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

Just got a great deal on a pair of blue and white seersucker pants. Just saw the deal and purchased, didnt think about what I had to go with it. what do you all think? What would look best? Solid polo? what about shoes?

2. TCN

TCN Senior member

I have a few pairs of seersucker pants, and they are less tailored and more "deconstructed" (?) than my seersucker suit pants, so I'm going to assume yours are along similar lines.

I always envision seersucker pants with a navy polo shirt, but for some reason, I think a white polo shirt or a white buttondown w/ the sleeves rolled up ends up looking the best. As for shoes, I used to wear tan C&J loafers w/ a white buckskin vamp or plain white bucks, but now I pair them with simple tan loafers, and am pleased with the results . . . sockless whenever possible.

3. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd wear a white buttondown shirt, but a polo would work, too. I'd probably choose something in the blue family, but there are other colors that would be appropriate, too. As for shoes, white bucks or tan-and-white spectators would be good.

4. The Dandy

The Dandy Active Member

With blue seersucker pants, I'll usually wear either a white or pink polo shirt or a button-down. I'll almost always wear white bucks with seersucker as well. I like to avoid combining anything navy with blue seersucker as I find the blues clash in terrible ways, at least in my eyes.