• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What To Wear With Linen Pants

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashion_newbie
Just picked up a green linen pant from someone on the board. Can't decide on a color to go with it. I usually just wear a polo around campus with my lighter colored linen pants. But what works with green?
Sorry 2sweet, for hijacking your thread!

-fn

You mean light green pants? With any green, it's best not to wear much else of the color. With light green, the goal should be to bring attention to the face. Unless you favor extremes such as pink hair, again consider the boldly colored or patterned shirt. But too much pink, pale blue, or some other feminine color in the shirt can combine with the light green to form an effeminate look. Mostly purple is an example of something that ought to work for anyone. Yellow on a dark blue background is another possibility.

Loafer

Reaction score
I bought some black linen pants today and I was looking at short sleeve silk shirts (beige especially). For shoes, I have a pair of Born Waid's in tan and dark brown Rockport world elite classic.

Do black pants necessarily have to have black shoes?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What to wear with white linen pants? A big embarrassed "I'm a doofus" grin.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
why? white linen pants are awesome.

No, they're not. Look at magnificent bastard's review sometime, and you'll see why my hate.

True story: Three summers ago, my wife INSISTS that I buy some white linen pants. "There is NOTHING sexier than a man in white linen pants," she tells me. My wife's attractive, and I buy her line--and the pants.

Next night she INSISTS I wear my new white linen pants to a party we're going to. "Remember," she says, "there is NOTHING sexier than a man in white linen pants."

I'm sold. I go to the party dressed in my new white linen pants--which in the 10-minute drive to the party have turned into such a wrinkled mess I wouldn't think of wearing them even to bed. Plus they seem to have grown by about two sizes. I endure the party feeling completely awkward.

But I'm thinking, "There is NOTHING sexier than a man in white linen pants."

We get home. We get ready for bed. I am thinking, "There is NOTHING sexier etc."

I crawl into bed. My wife is snoring.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
No, they're not. Look at magnificent bastard's review sometime, and you'll see why my hate. True story: Three summers ago, my wife INSISTS that I buy some white linen pants. "There is NOTHING sexier than a man in white linen pants," she tells me. My wife's attractive, and I buy her line--and the pants. Next night she INSISTS I wear my new white linen pants to a party we're going to. "Remember," she says, "there is NOTHING sexier than a man in white linen pants." I'm sold. I go to the party dressed in my new white linen pants--which in the 10-minute drive to the party have turned into such a wrinkled mess I wouldn't think of wearing them even to bed. Plus they seem to have grown by about two sizes. I endure the party feeling completely awkward. But I'm thinking, "There is NOTHING sexier than a man in white linen pants." We get home. We get ready for bed. I am thinking, "There is NOTHING sexier etc." I crawl into bed. My wife is snoring.
ummm, this was a really cool story bro... i don't care about magnificent bastard's review. some of the stuff they endorse is cool, some of it isn't. The wrinkling is what i like about linen pants. and if you buy good quality linen, it wrinkles in a nice way. buy some nice linen pants, and you'll see why i love.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ha ha, well, go for it then. I think they're terrible. I'd rather wear pajama bottoms.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben

Everything, either looks wrong, or too Jimmy Buffet with them.

And what's wrong with that (big Parrothead)?

Seriously, I have some linen drawstring pants I wear with polos/flip flops or casual summerweight shirts with desert boots.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol linen pants

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would suede shoes go well with Linen pants?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^i'd say campfires go best with them along with generous amounts of kerosene

shoefedish

Reaction score
I just bought my first pair of linen pants and they are a little long so i would have to wear them with heels. I was thinking salmon colored wedges. And as for a shirt, ive been trying on a bunch of different ones and since my pants are low-rise i think that it looks cute to have a tiny bit of skin showing in between my pants and shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads