• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear with Drivers shoes?

TreadNotOnMe

Reaction score
Hey guys, I like the look of drivers shoes, or driver shoes or whatever they're called. I have never owned a pair.

What are they really meant for though? Can you wear them casual with jeans and a t-shirt, or jeans and a long sleeve button up shirt?

Or do they need to be worn with pants and a blazer?

Thanks for any input.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were originally meant to be worn while driving and they are casual shoes. The soles wear quickly.

Last edited:

TreadNotOnMe

Reaction score
So just to clarify (because the idea of even thinking about what you put on in the morning is very new to me), you are saying they are casual, as in wearing them with jeans and a t-shirt/or button down shirt is the way to go?

I didn't picture them with a suit, but what about the jeans or slack and a blazer/ odd jacket look?

Thanks.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
depends.

I wouldn't wear them with jeans and a t-shirt because I'd put on sneakers for that.

I would and do wear them with jeans and a blazer, so long as the blazer is modern in fabric and cut. I heavy tweed with drivers will look odd.

I would not pair them with slacks ever.

If you wear them with a suit (like some tools do), I will punch you in the mouth.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would wear them eith jeans and a tee-shirt (except I only wear that to do yard work). I would not wear them with any but the most casual sport jackets. Never with a suit.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wear them with a sports car--while driving.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads