1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What to wear with dark/black jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by vincent, Jun 17, 2006.

1. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

actually brown goes quite decently with indigo jeans, i think, a quieter kind of look compared with a brighter colour.

2. jet

jet Senior member

actually brown goes quite decently with indigo jeans, i think, a quieter kind of look compared with a brighter colour.

I prefer a hazelnut suede loafer and camel loafers to be worn with very washed out jeans that hardly have any blue or indigo in them though I know it's heresy on this board to wear anything other than raw denim [​IMG]

3. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

I prefer a hazelnut suede loafer and camel loafers to be worn with very washed out jeans that hardly have any blue or indigo in them though I know it's heresy on this board to wear anything other than raw denim [​IMG]
    wash? what does that mean? [​IMG]

4. keal

keal Senior member

I do pure black jeans with darker coloured shirts. Black, brown, maroon... this week I'll probably be wearing black shoes, jeans, and shortsleeve buttondown with a couple of black bracelets and necklace. You have to have at least a smidgen of color somewhere on your body (like the Gold-coated lady in Goldfinger needed a bare spot so her skin could breathe) so I'll at least have on orange underwear.

You wanted to know that [​IMG]

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Oh, I thought we were talking about black or grey jeans. Pretty much anything goes with dark blue jeans, even dark blue shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, etc... Just have to get the hues contrasting enough in those cases.

6. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

for a visual look at the what are you wearing today thread over at superfuture. that will show you what looks good and bad with dark denims.

7. jet

jet Senior member

wash? what does that mean? [​IMG]

Haha I know man but I like variety. I can't have a closet of jeans that are all the same color and yes I have some TRs I bought over a year ago, some R&R, pdc and chip and peps, none of which I paid full pop for b/c I'm not an idiot. I'm trying to take the step into some of the shit you guys wear but it's too much work breaking them in and all the jeans you guys talk about look the same. I'm thinking about picking up some nudies this week though.

8. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

I'm trying to take the step into some of the shit you guys wear but it's too much work breaking them in and all the jeans you guys talk about look the same.
    haha. "all look same" syndrome. well you can always get predistressed japanese denim there are many different styles.. and all of these jeans we talk about may look the same in pictures but they definitely don't all look the same when you put them on- that's the big difference.

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I do a warlock look with black jeans, black t, black pointy shoes, gold pentacle pendant and a black denim "witchy-witch" hat.
    Where is your cape? What a poseur warlock.

10. jet

jet Senior member

haha. "all look same" syndrome. well you can always get predistressed japanese denim there are many different styles.. and all of these jeans we talk about may look the same in pictures but they definitely don't all look the same when you put them on- that's the big difference.

Thanks for the input my man. I'm thinking of doing the nudie ralfs in dry selvage next, tell me I'm not making a mistake.

11. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I kinda feel that most of the brands that retail in America, outside of say... Rag & Bone, all look the same. Nudie (outside of the streaky stuff), APC, Kicking Mule, Dior, Julian Red, LVC, all distinguishable only by small details and back pocket designs. Probably just me though... Go Japanese [​IMG]

12. Bartleby Trout

Bartleby Trout Senior member

just wanted to revive this by expanding the question to include shoes/boots/whatever.

Street style/casual mostly. Looking for color and shoe type suggestions. I have never been able to successfully pull off black jeans. I was told black boots work well, but when I try that, I look off. It almost gives me a militant vibe... or like I'm trying to be dressy. Maybe it's just the type of boot. I'm not sure.

Is something like this way off the mark?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  13. JackDry

JackDry Member

Personally I think a pair of classic desert boots like them is a great choice!
    Maybe go with a fitted grey tshirt to complete it.

1 person likes this.
  14. Bartleby Trout

Weird, on a different forum, someone said these shoes are the OPPOSITE of what you should wear with black jeans. I'm confused. Argghhh!

15. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

no

GOD no

16. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Holy necro post. Fuck this. Wear neon tank.

17. Bartleby Trout

I guess next time I'll just make a new thread and add to the 100000 redundant ones here.

Thanks.

Neon tank it is.

18. JackDry

JackDry Member

Well there's no accounting for taste!

Some people just don't like looking good! ;)