What to wear with dark/black jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by vincent, Jun 17, 2006.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

But frankly I try to treat their sartorial interests with more respect than "designer" clothing gets on the main forum...

Word. Different strokes for different folks. If you can appreciate something that does not fit into your personal aesthetic on it's own merits, you are the richer for it. If not, well... I actually used to post a lot more on the main forum, but I sometimes find the attitude of some of the posts there depressing and exasperating (If it's fused, it's crap!) Of course, we are hardly immune to our own brand of snobbery here [​IMG]

2. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

Of course, we are hardly immune to our own brand of snobbery here [​IMG]
    Well, I never! [​IMG]

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Word. Different strokes for different folks. If you can appreciate something that does not fit into your personal aesthetic on it's own merits, you are the richer for it. If not, well... I actually used to post a lot more on the main forum, but I sometimes find the attitude of some of the posts there depressing and exasperating (If it's fused, it's crap!) Of course, we are hardly immune to our own brand of snobbery here [​IMG]

I find the latest "if it's not japanese denim it's crap" craze to be quite disconcerting, not that I dislike Japanese denim or anything but still...

4. watchman

watchman Active Member

no navy or brown is a good rule even for streetwear. It just doesnt look good. Wear something light colored preferrably, and dark colored is fine just don't look like an idiot.

5. LA Guy

no navy or brown is a good rule even for streetwear. It just doesnt look good. Wear something light colored preferrably, and dark colored is fine just don't look like an idiot.

Back on topic. Yeah, something light is the safest way to go, but I also think that red or green (not primary green though) would be good matches.

6. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

actually brown goes quite decently with indigo jeans, i think, a quieter kind of look compared with a brighter colour.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

actually brown goes quite decently with indigo jeans, i think, a quieter kind of look compared with a brighter colour.

I prefer a hazelnut suede loafer and camel loafers to be worn with very washed out jeans that hardly have any blue or indigo in them though I know it's heresy on this board to wear anything other than raw denim [​IMG]

8. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

I prefer a hazelnut suede loafer and camel loafers to be worn with very washed out jeans that hardly have any blue or indigo in them though I know it's heresy on this board to wear anything other than raw denim [​IMG]
    wash? what does that mean? [​IMG]

9. keal

keal Senior member

I do pure black jeans with darker coloured shirts. Black, brown, maroon... this week I'll probably be wearing black shoes, jeans, and shortsleeve buttondown with a couple of black bracelets and necklace. You have to have at least a smidgen of color somewhere on your body (like the Gold-coated lady in Goldfinger needed a bare spot so her skin could breathe) so I'll at least have on orange underwear.

You wanted to know that [​IMG]

10. LA Guy

Oh, I thought we were talking about black or grey jeans. Pretty much anything goes with dark blue jeans, even dark blue shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, etc... Just have to get the hues contrasting enough in those cases.

11. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

for a visual look at the what are you wearing today thread over at superfuture. that will show you what looks good and bad with dark denims.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

wash? what does that mean? [​IMG]

Haha I know man but I like variety. I can't have a closet of jeans that are all the same color and yes I have some TRs I bought over a year ago, some R&R, pdc and chip and peps, none of which I paid full pop for b/c I'm not an idiot. I'm trying to take the step into some of the shit you guys wear but it's too much work breaking them in and all the jeans you guys talk about look the same. I'm thinking about picking up some nudies this week though.

13. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

I'm trying to take the step into some of the shit you guys wear but it's too much work breaking them in and all the jeans you guys talk about look the same.
    haha. "all look same" syndrome. well you can always get predistressed japanese denim there are many different styles.. and all of these jeans we talk about may look the same in pictures but they definitely don't all look the same when you put them on- that's the big difference.

14. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I do a warlock look with black jeans, black t, black pointy shoes, gold pentacle pendant and a black denim "witchy-witch" hat.
    Where is your cape? What a poseur warlock.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

haha. "all look same" syndrome. well you can always get predistressed japanese denim there are many different styles.. and all of these jeans we talk about may look the same in pictures but they definitely don't all look the same when you put them on- that's the big difference.

Thanks for the input my man. I'm thinking of doing the nudie ralfs in dry selvage next, tell me I'm not making a mistake.