• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to wear with brown suede AE Mora

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am eyeing a pair of brown suede AE Mora on Ebay ($129 BIN!). What color/pattern trouser would they go best with? I checked the WAYWT and the only example I found was this (Mark from Plano):
Would the particular shade of brown on the Mora work well with a gray approaching charcoal? Or a dark navy?

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the AE Mora brown suede works best with a medium gray flannel. In my opinion, dark navy and charcoal are too dark.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Grayland. Yeah I was worried about most of my current trousers being too dark.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got the same shoes for about $100 with the cashback thing. Awesome!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size do you wear? I have a pair of 11.5D's that are practically brand new for sale (see my sig!)

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I'm a 6 E or EE and I already bought them.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the captoes opens up the options a bit as far as trousers? I wore my new suede norweigian split toe monks, with a pair of dark blue jeans that looked pretty good.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
I think the AE Mora brown suede works best with a medium gray flannel. In my opinion, dark navy and charcoal are too dark.

Maybe I should explain more. I have some charcoal pants that are considered a dark charcoal (literally the color of charcoal - close to black) that I don't think would look good with brown suede. I also have some charcoal pants that are slightly darker than medium gray and looks great with brown suede.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kenmoor123
Red

Originally Posted by erdawe
Navy

+1 on both.

IMHO brown suede is in general very versatile when it comes to color-coordination.
You can also try them with Cords and Moleskins in most country-tones, which provide enough contrast to the color of the shoe.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40