What to wear with black trousers.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Johnson, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

What to wear with black trousers (they got stripe's but not really noticible.) What can i wear with them, to make it look casual, (including shoes).
    I asking because i plan to walk street alot wearing this clothes and dont want to attract to much attention to myself.

Or if i want semi business look can i wear short sleeved dress shirt and vest or t-shirt with jacket?

2. carl_paris

carl_paris Senior member

Not sure what you mean. If you want to blend in, just wear what everyone else is wearing. If you want to look elegant without looking crazy flashy, go for something like a nice belt, a mercerized cotton polo shirt and a pair of black tod's.

Your idea of semi-business sounds more like rock & roll to me...

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

What to wear with black trousers (they got stripe's but not really noticible.) What can i wear with them, to make it look casual, (including shoes).
    I asking because i plan to walk street alot wearing this clothes and dont want to attract to much attention to myself.

Or if i want semi business look can i wear short sleeved dress shirt and vest or t-shirt with jacket?

There is no such thing as a short sleeve dress shirt. You can pretty much wear any color shirt with black, if you don't want to stand out, wear something in a medium to darker shade of blue. As for shoes, black, burgandy or very dark brown. If you are in NYC, simply wear a black tee shirt and black shoes with the pants and you'll blend in well.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

burgundy shoes are my choice for black trews. Something like a derby wingtip or a plaintoe like Allen Edmonds cordovan Leeds

If you are wearing a s/s buttonfront shirt make sure it isn't white or you'll end up looking like _______ (waiter, jehovah witness, funeral employee, etc)

5. TheDroog

TheDroog Senior member

If you want to go with the high-low, sporty look, you can pair your black pants with white sneakers. I have a pair of slim, black pin-striped trousers that look quite dashing with my white Adidas Samoas. It's probably too informal for alot of people on this forum, but it works for me.

6. jml90

jml90 Senior member

burgundy shoes are my choice for black trews. Something like a derby wingtip or a plaintoe like Allen Edmonds cordovan Leeds

Hmm I'll have to try that, though I usually were a beater pair of black Clarks ( I have to wear black pants to work)