• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear with Aubergine pants?

sjd

Reaction score
I have a pair of slim fitting Aubergine Miu Miu pants that I usually wear with black shoes and a black belt, but lately has been looking awkward. I want to try a pair of brown shoes since there is a reddish brown tone in the colour but the only pair of shoes I have are a dark tan pair of lace-ups which I think work but I need suggestions for a belt and sock colour. Also I have two shirts I wear with these pants, both are with a tie one's white the other's a pink/purple stripe. Any thoughts on shirt ideas where I wouldn't need a tie? Thanks.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe get rid of the pants and start again?

sjd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR

That's no fun! I have enough greys/blues/blacks and wanted something different.
laugh.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Dark brown shoes with aubergine pants is better than black IMO.
90e470fd.jpg

Yep ...

Go for dark brown...

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is this thread rated 5 stars?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Jangofett

Reaction score
Aubergine? Really? Really? Are you auditioning to be the Joker? Hulk? Or Barney?
My tailor have that colour and I was tempted to make pants from it, but i chicken out.

Anyway, I got aubergine shoes and I match with dark navy pants or dark green pants.
Hey, if aubergine + green can do for Joker, Hulk, Barney etc, it can do for you.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
WTF are "Aubergine" pants? [google ... images ... click]

[/url])

Heed.

Aubergine is the English word for eggplant.

Aubergine.jpg

white-aubergine.jpg

Considering they range from WHITE to BLACK I've never understood using the word for a colour.
fight[1].gif

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Aubergine is the English word for eggplant.

Thank you!!!! Honestly, after searching, I still couldn't determine if it was a color, a style (I see women's "MC Hammer" like pants in various colors), or something else.

Hence why I was really confused with the pic/link I cited above. I mean, really confused.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
You need to expand your horizons.
laugh.gif
Seriously, goes well with brown/tan items . The color (not the vegetable) is a brownish purple.

Sazerac

Reaction score
First, you need to abandon the idea that anything "goes" with aubergine the way, say, tan goes with navy. Aubergine isn't one of the colors we see every day in traditional men's clothing. To me, that is makes it more fun to play around with.

I can see a whole range of browns that will go with aubergine. A lot will depend on texture and color saturation. Play around with it. If it doesn't work for you in the end, well, so what? At least you broke free of the brown/black/blue/gray continuum. I get endless **** for some of the color combinations I choose. The trick is not to care.

Best of luck and please post some pics.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
First, you need to abandon the idea that anything "goes" with aubergine the way, say, tan goes with navy.
???
eh.gif

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aubergine - what color is it? Vegetable looks black, but pants look like some kind of rust / dark purple hybrid to me. Enlighten me guys, this is not correlating well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads