• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to wear when the invite says

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
The invite says "Holiday Snappy".

What in hell's name is Holiday snappy?

Dinner for 24 or so at a private home.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
The invite says "Holiday Snappy".

What in hell's name is Holiday snappy?

Dinner for 24 or so at a private home.

You've got a lot of leeway but be "festive". In other word maybe it's time to take out the velvet jacket.

sf response: brown tweed jacket + blue or white shirt + navy/red rep tie + grey pants + brown english shoes.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just look put together. It can be a bit casual, but don't wear sneakers.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
I would put a buttonhole in the lapel and wear a solid tie with a dark suit.

Your winning personality will do the rest.

- B

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You've got a lot of leeway but be "festive". In other word maybe it's time to take out the velvet jacket.

sf response: brown tweed jacket + blue or white shirt + navy/red rep tie + grey pants + brown english shoes.

I don't have a velvet jacket, a touch too bold for my tastes....I guess that does not shock you.
I bet I will be the most conservatively dressed there.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd throw on a bright cherry red cadigan and wear it in a "updated," Mr. Rodgers sort of way... but that's me.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
........and wear a solid tie with a dark suit. - B
Thanks B, In an attempt to be a little "Bright for Holiday" season, I was thinking a blue cashmere herringbone jacket, a soft pink shirt and rather bright (by my standards anyway) red tie with cashmere/flannel coffee pants and brown shoes. As I write this it sounds horrible but I think it might work. The dinner is a "charity debate", everyone puts an envelope in a bowl, during dinner we each debate the merits of our choice of charity, the pool goes to the charity of the debate winner.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Would either of those be appropriate for an interview?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How about substituting a turtleneck for the pink shirt and a seasonal flower in your lapel?

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
How about substituting a turtleneck for the pink shirt and a seasonal flower in your lapel?

I often wear turtlenecks during the cold winters months here, and never wear pink, so I thought the shirt would be both a change and a little festive.

Departure minus 1 hour....

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
....... be appropriate for an interview?

There are several single women attending......you may have a point!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
Thanks B,

In an attempt to be a little "Bright for Holiday" season, I was thinking a blue cashmere herringbone jacket, a soft pink shirt and rather bright (by my standards anyway) red tie with cashmere/flannel coffee pants and brown shoes. As I write this it sounds horrible but I think it might work.

The dinner is a "charity debate", everyone puts an envelope in a bowl, during dinner we each debate the merits of our choice of charity, the pool goes to the charity of the debate winner.

Oh hell yeah! i think it sounds great.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score

I busted out the velvet jacket last week for the (academic) departmental christmas party. It went over well.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I attended a holiday reception last night. Lots of novelty holiday ties, most of them hideous.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40