• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

what to wear under a somewhat sheer white shirt?

korce

Reaction score
I recently purchased a nice slim-fitting A Basile white dress shirt from a forum member. It fits and looks great, except for the fact that the fabric (two-ply) is somewhat sheer. In certain light, it is definitely possible to see my skin (and body outline) underneath the shirt.

What would forum members recommend wearing underneath to limit this effect? I assume that a regular white v-neck wouldn't work, because you will then see the outline of the v-neck (and the place where it stops on the arms).

Any suggestions?

phillyesq

Reaction score
I've heard some say that a gray undershit won't show up under a sheer white shirt the way a white undershirt would. Never tried it myself, but it might be worth a shot.

AB01

Reaction score
Try a longsleeve white undershirt if you must, but shortsleeve tee for me. People on this forum have a theory that grey shirts can work. Give it a try.
Also, what about a light tan shirt? If you are trying to cover just bodyhair.

I now buy twill white shirts. They are great shirts and have the least sheer. You can find really thick ones in good stores.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.8%
  • 31 - 40