• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear to the third and fourth interview?

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that it is more frequent among women to worry about being seen with the same outfit twice (or, the horror, to find out that someone else at the interview is wearing the same outfit!!!!). Maybe it would look a bit strange if you apply for a job that presuposes that you have been used to work in a suit wearing environment and turn up to each of the four interviews with the same suit. But to turn up to the third interview wearing the first suit would certainly do no harm in this machine building industry.
As many just said, I would just wear a different tie. And instead of a white shirts, maybe something with stripes.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you may notice that germans are slightly less inclined to wear white shirts, I would wear blue or striped.

but, yes, nobody is going to care if you wear the same two suits over. good luck

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am curious though,what did you mean when you said you could bespeak another suit? Purchase another suit or have it made in such a short time?
Agree with others that grey suit will be just fine,as long as it is nothing flashy. I'd change the shirt and tie.

columbia92

Reaction score
Since wearing the same suit but just change shirt and tie will make you look like you're in completely different outfit altogether is very easy to do, why take the chance??

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never needed even a second interview. 3rd and 4th interview sounds like a company of people that are either not organized or unqualified to have you.
Heads up...if they tell you 'we're like a family here'..run! or work there, and find out how they treat family.

hymo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
I am curious though,what did you mean when you said you could bespeak another suit? Purchase another suit or have it made in such a short time?
Agree with others that grey suit will be just fine,as long as it is nothing flashy. I'd change the shirt and tie.

My tailor can make me a suit in 3 weeks. He requires 2-3 days between the two fittings, then 1 week to make it up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads