1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What to wear to jazz club

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by minorsecond, Nov 27, 2007.

1. minorsecond

minorsecond Member

Hello all,

I'll be heading to a jazz club in about two weeks and it is my first time to go to one. How should I dress? I don't want to show up looking too casual (my female friends say that they are dressing up for it) but I don't want to look too former.

Could I wear dress shoes, nice blue jeans, black belt, white dress shirt and a jacket?

Something like this:
    [​IMG]

2. kakaroach

kakaroach Well-Known Member

yeah. anything other than a t-shirt goes if you want to dress up. I have to tell you though, I go to them all the time and see a lot of young jazz players (in their 20's) wearing jeans and t-shirts and they're just there to watch the players. Anything is fine unless you smell funny, really.

3. j

j Senior member Admin

Yes, that would probably be appropriate and probably more dressed than most people will be there, although some rare places don't allow jeans. You could also do a slim suit with chelseas and maybe a slim tie if it doesn't seem too out there for you.

[​IMG]

4. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

A case of WWJIW (What Would Jazz Icons Wear). [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

For a good casual look, you can't beat jocking jazz-legend Gerry Mulligan's vibe

-buttondown dress shirt
    -chinos or a casual trouser
    -desert boots or chukkas
    -top if off with a G9 harrington....doesnt get more hep than that

[​IMG]