• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear in Egypt

PhilipJames

Reaction score
I am going to be spending two weeks in Egypt in June. Does anyone have advice on clothing especially shoes? I am not some one who likes to wear sneakers, but there will be a lot of walking involved in the trip. This is not a business trip so there is no need for me to bring a suit or anything like that, but I definitely do not want to be walking around in shorts and t-shirt.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
khahis and tee shirts, sneakers, keens that kind of thing will work. nothing that looks military

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
bread helmet joke

FTFY
laugh.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
when i was in cairo, i wore tim boots almost every day. a guy actually asked if he could buy them from me.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
When Cameron was in Egypt land
Let my Cameron go!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
desert boots, of course!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by libertine1
Slightly OT but try to drink bottled water and plenty of it. The tap water is low quality you might get the ***** if you drink it.

and you might get it if you don't! i only drank bottled water adn still had the runs....any veggie/fruit that you eat is wahsed in it so it's tough to get away.
definiotely get a cab to take you to the pyramids/sphinx and have them wait for you. i had the same driver every day when i was there and it was great. we paid him at the end of every day and he picked my up at my hotel in the moinring at whatever time i asked him to...

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
This will go down very well
wink.gif
formal but with a touch of middle eastern dress culture.
875685722.jpg
Btw, Is that Sheikh Mansour?

aphextwin07

Reaction score
uhhh just wear what you would normally wear. but it can get hot as **** there around that time so you probably wanna take mostly lightweight clothing. you say you don't want to be walking around in shorts and t-shirts, i say good luck wearing anything else when the temps are in excess of 100 degrees which is not uncommon.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan

• Parka