Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to wear for a photoshoot.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tgfny, Sep 27, 2006.

1. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

Have a shoot for a magazine tomorrow. Normally wear cords and buttondown, but should I wear a suit? Designer and my store manager will likely be in suits, but I didn't know if I should wear a suit or what I normally wear.

2. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Pretty open-ended question....what is the magazine? Why are you the focus of the shoot? It sounds like you should be in a suit as well, but if you will be in a bass fishing magazine or an article about how you help feed the poor, a suit might not be the best idea.

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Do it naked

4. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

A suit sounds like a good idea. Perhaps someone here can make a suggestion about camera-friendly colors.

5. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Contrasting colors is good.

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Do it naked

[​IMG]

7. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Do it naked
    I second this.

8. rabbimark

rabbimark Well-Known Member

I'd wear a basic navy blue two button suit with a cream colored dress shirt. Pure white can strobe and flare something awful under studio lighting and hard flash, similarly avoid any kind of a stripe or patterened shirt because it'll just look funny when reproduced in a magazine or newspaper. Bring along a selection of ties, too.

This way, if you feel like it's too much for you to be in a suit, you can ditch the coat, roll up the sleeves and do a very sharp casual look. Or put on a tie and take it up all the way. You've got options.

Unless it's for a fashion mag, I'd seriously avoid any kind of sartorial statement. And if it is for a fashion mag ... just do what the stylist tells you to do!

9. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

Pretty open-ended question....what is the magazine? Why are you the focus of the shoot? It sounds like you should be in a suit as well, but if you will be in a bass fishing magazine or an article about how you help feed the poor, a suit might not be the best idea.

AD. BASS Masters ain't on here, boss. [​IMG]

10. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Don't you work for a safari-themed firm? I might dress with a bit more rough-and-ready feel if that is still your gig...

If you wanted to really costume it up, you could go wtih something like this, but a little less Rutger Hauer/80s on the hairstyle/jeans [​IMG][​IMG] : http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4...enwhtjeans.jpg

[​IMG]

11. Charley

Charley Senior member

FLMountainman
    Just notice your avitar.

Shows the epitome of hollywood stars at its best.

Wonderful Statement. Wonder when he will be giving Expert testimony at a Congerssional Hearing on Global Warming?

12. Charley

Charley Senior member

I've not gone to the effort of tracking it down. But there is a posted link to a shot of Manton in one of the discussions of his book. He chose well for his atire. Including a patterned shirt.

13. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

Don't you work for a safari-themed firm? I might dress with a bit more rough-and-ready feel if that is still your gig... If you wanted to really costume it up, you could go wtih something like this, but a little less Rutger Hauer/80s on the hairstyle/jeans [​IMG][​IMG] : http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4...enwhtjeans.jpg [​IMG]
    Yes, I still own it and we haven't gone out of business yet. Why I was thinking buttondown and cords. A little more rugged. Most likely it will be my store manager and the designer, but I want to be ready. Linque no worky.