• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear for a 15 year old?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Again thanks for your replies!

A few of the posters here know I am trying to concentrate on girls first
smile.gif
I'm just trying to take my mind off that for a little while by going to clothes as a different subject.

Brian

Learn what you like and what you don't like, learn what a flattering fit looks like on your body, and develop a unique and original personal style that reflects your personality. The girls will follow.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
Learn what you like and what you don't like, learn what a flattering fit looks like on your body, and develop a unique and original personal style that reflects your personality. The girls will follow.

+1. That is probably the last thing you want to be openly seen concentrating on. As I am sure most on this forum will attest, the opposite sex works on reverse psychology . . . .
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I hope this kid doesn't stay on this forum for too long . . . . If he gets more advice on this forum he will be stealing "nights" from me in a few years . . .
smile.gif

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good plan. I will try to follow that.

As I am sure most on this forum will attest, the opposite sex works on reverse psychology . . . .
It seems like the opposite sex works on exactly the opposite of what I do
smile.gif
Maybe I'll figure it out one of these days.

I hope this kid doesn't stay on this forum for too long . . . . If he gets more advice on this forum he will be stealing "nights" from me in a few years . . .
I won't be stealing them, I'll probably still be trying to earn them
smile.gif

Brian

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I were 15 again, I'd definitely go for a rock and roll dark look. Heavy metal t-shirts, tight fitting jeans (Levis 501 type fit), ass kicking boots (Doc Marten), chain wallet, big leather belt, big leather bracelet, **** like that. But that's just me. I'd also play football and basketball just to be ironic.

You have plenty of time to grow up and wear a suit and whatnot every day. I have to wear a suit most days now, and I kind of miss the rock and roll days. I try to make my suit looks as rock and roll as possible, but, at the end of the day, they're still suits.

And for a final salute:
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not really a rock-and-roll kind of person but I do see what you are getting at. I try to reflect an air of professionalism in my clothing but I'm not too sure how well that works!

Brian

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not really a rock-and-roll kind of person but I do see what you are getting at. I try to reflect an air of professionalism in my clothing but I'm not too sure how well that works!

Brian

An air of professionalism? What are you a professional at exactly at the age of 15?

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another tip: Start thrifting. It's cheap, fun and educational.
It also makes experimenting with different styles far easier - if you've bought something for $5, it's far more expendable, if you go off it.

I should have started doing that at a much earlier age - it would have saved me a ton of money and grief.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An air of professionalism? What are you a professional at exactly at the age of 15?
Well I am the chief photography editor at our newspaper, if that helps! I have always tried to come across as someone who is devoted to his work.

Brian

cmrocks

Reaction score
I'm 20 and in college so I still dress pretty casual. I would suggest keeping it simple; go with a few pairs of nice jeans, a few sweaters, a few polo shirts, some tshirts for layering, a grey hoodie, a casual cord or cotton blazer, a pair of classic sneakers such as Adidas and maybe a pair of casual boots or shoes in brown. That will cover you for pretty much everything you'll ever need in highschool aside from formal events. That is what I wear on a day to day basis when I'm going to class or going some place casual with my friends.

For dress clothes, I have a dark grey suit, assorted shirts and ties and black split toe dress shoes. I mix and match among that depending on the occasion. Hope that helps!

BTW, I noticed you said you were into photography? What kind of camera do you have? I just sold my Canon DRebel and picked up a 5D.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I am the chief photography editor at our newspaper, if that helps! I have always tried to come across as someone who is devoted to his work.

Brian

Just curious, why?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
when i was 15 I wore fred perry polos, jeans and Doc Marten steelcap boots. 20 + years later I've progressed to...oh ****, I STILL wear the same crap as when i was 15 (no more No1 crop tho)!!!!! someone needs to grow the **** up!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Hand Tailored

Reaction score
I tend to wear:

Shoes: casual dress
Socks: white
Pants: slightly pre-faded jeans (NO HOLES!), slightly wide bottomed
Shirt: Button-up only. Bottom button and top button are left unbuttoned, no tucking. Fits me well with my arse curve and what have you. regular or frenched cuffs seem to work.
Undershirt: T-shirt only if it is coloured and matches the outfit. If it's one of those plain white ones... YUCK!
Belt: Anything, as long as it matches your shoes in material and colour
smile.gif

That's what I consider my slobby dress.

Casual dress:

Shoes: Same
Socks: Tanish. not white, not black, just have if match the outfit.
Pants: khaki, khaki, khaki!
Shirt: Button up only. Button all buttons except the neck button. Avoid buttoned collars and definately TUCK French cuffs are nice, but regular ones work
Undershirt: NO WAY DUDE!
Belt: Same

Overall, your clothes should match, and fit NICELY. Make sure you iron them, else you'll look like you slept in them for the last four, five, six days or so (girls tend NOT to go for the homeless look
wink.gif
) Wear a nice watch too. Faced watches make you look fancier, and people will think you're smarter... I mean, do you know how many teenagers I know who can't read a face clock without counting it
laugh.gif
?!

Brush your teeth, style your hair in a stylish yet conservative way: no mohawks, but don't be using whale blubber either!
redface.gif
Walk with your head up, like you know where you're going, what you're doing, even if you don't! If you're illiterate, pretend you can read. Smile at the ladies, nicely, lovingly, flirtingly, whatever you do, don't give them the "do you wanna sleep with me??" smile!

Oh, I forgot to mention, make sure your shirts are long-sleeved, winter, summer, your trip to the Sun, always! Wear a nice fleece sweater with your jeans from time to time in order to give some variety. No hats! No logos by sport's teams! None of those work-out sweaters (the blah ones with no texture or life).

Big thing is: if you'd sleep in it, then you shouldn't be awake in it!

This is all my opinion of course... and you will probably need some different advice. Are you tall? Short? Heavy? Thin? Light skin? Dark skin?

What do you think? Did you try it? Hope it helps!
biggrin.gif

HT

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Judging from the pics you posted in Member pics, you need to get better fitting formal clothes, or stick to your casual clothes. You look much better in your casual wear for now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads