• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to use in addition to Tiege Hanley?

ElBarto619

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm pretty new to men style and grooming, started my journey four years ago when approaching 30 and realised I did very little to take care of my skin and still dressed like I was at Uni. I'm still very inexperienced as, especially when it comes to face care, which is why I post this thread to ask for some advice on what I can do above what I currently am to hopefully get better results. I realise it'll be some trial an error but I'm sure with the knowledge of people here I'll get a better idea on what is worth trying for me.

My goal is as I'm 33 to reduce the signs of aging, I'm quite lucky with genetics I think as everyone who's similar age to me in my circle of friends show more signs of aging than myself. I also want to reduce dark marks on my skin, in the past year I've had a lot of stress which resulted in me having lots of forehead spots, which although gone now, have left marks. They are getting less prominent though. If it's of relevance I'm on Indian decent so have darker skin.

Currently my routine is the level three Tiege Hanley system, which is a face wash, serum & eye create twice a day, AM & PM moisturizer and a scrub twice a week. I've recently gotten a Tom Ford mud mask that I use once a week.

What I'm thinking of adding to the routine:
* Niacinamide serum(looking at (The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%), although Tiege Hanley PM moisturizer & scrum contains it so not sure if more would be worth using?
* Retinol serum (looking at The Ordinary retinol squalane serum) for the dark spoks, but this is included in the Tiege Hanley serum so not sure if it's worth using more?
* Vitamin C serum (looking at Paula's Choice BOOST C15 Super Booster, 15%), I'm pretty sure this is in the Tiege Hanley serum & eye cream though so, again not sure if it's worth using more?
* Toner (looking at Dior antiaging toner)
* Salicylic Acid (looking at The Ordinary AHA + BHA peeling serum)

I realise this is a long post, especially for my first! But thanks to anyone who made it through and even more so if you can help advice.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's