• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to pair with this Gucci cardigan?

bello1308

Reaction score
This cardigan + jeans/ chinos + polo shirt + red suede loafers sounds like a very bad European mall outfit.

Only thing that can make this combo worse is driving loafers.
I don’t think it’s a bad outfit, nothing wrong with making a statement ..I just think one can either pull the look off or can’t!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a bad outfit, nothing wrong with making a statement ..I just think one can either pull the look off or can’t!
There's definitely nothing wrong with making a statement with your clothes. This specific combination just sounds like a very mall aesthetic.

feat-1.jpeg

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And of course some aesthetics are more prized than others. Let’s first consult the high priests.

I sometimes wonder if it’s possible to render an opinion here without going for the jugular.

I think the red shoes would be a bit much. I like the idea of a red shirt but perhaps tone the shoes down a little.

BPL Esq

Reaction score
And of course some aesthetics are more prized than others. Let’s first consult the high priests.

I sometimes wonder if it’s possible to render an opinion here without going for the jugular.

I think the red shoes would be a bit much. I like the idea of a red shirt but perhaps tone the shoes down a little.
Some relatively muted espadrilles or something similar might pair well. This seems to call out for a sort of Riviera aesthetic to avoid coming off too "Jersey Shore," as it probably would with loud loafers.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horizontal stripes always makes me think of Trapper's custom Seoul suit.
1622081247269.png

I don't like them unless it's something like a Breton shirt.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.