• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to pair with this Gucci cardigan?

bello1308

Reaction score
Hi Gents, summers round the corner and am planning on wearing this item that rarely comes out my wardrobe.. ideas on what items of clothing that would look smart with this, I was thinking stone chinos and a white linen shirt with brown leather loafers what are your suggestions?
8CE9338E-4F1A-495F-BF96-32C5BB90485C.jpeg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
White t and jeans.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not crazy about that cardigan and think you should choose something else.

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
I think your suggestion of stone chinos and white linen shirt would work pretty well, alternatively white jeans as @ter1413 suggested. I would probably do a polo over a t-shirt though, if you're going for a smart look.

Are those buttons metal? I might consider having them replaced (save the originals in case you ever want to sell it off), to me they look a bit off. Very Gucci, no doubt, but I think some more subtle buttons would make it look better.

bello1308

Reaction score
I think your suggestion of stone chinos and white linen shirt would work pretty well, alternatively white jeans as @ter1413 suggested. I would probably do a polo over a t-shirt though, if you're going for a smart look.

Are those buttons metal? I might consider having them replaced (save the originals in case you ever want to sell it off), to me they look a bit off. Very Gucci, no doubt, but I think some more subtle buttons would make it look better.
Yes they are metal, I don’t think I would replace the buttons, if I’m honest it’s the buttons that make the cardigan imo. I like a bit of gold.. yeah I think the linen shirt and chinos will work.. not sure what you mean about a Polo over a T-shirt why not just a polo?

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
Gah, I meant a polo INSTEAD of a t-shirt. Long day :(

Fair enough with the buttons, I'm not very keen on metal buttons, but that's a personal preference.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

White t shirt and blue jeans was my suggestion.

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
White t shirt and blue jeans was my suggestion.

I'm not even drinking tonight...

I'll just go to sleep, my reading comprehension is clearly taking an early vacation :(

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Setting aside the brand and the embroidery, I quite like it. Not crazy about the metal buttons but to each his own.

Light colored (stone, off white, etc) chinos and a polo would look nice.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a subtle logo. I MIGHT wear it. Like I said....jeans.....a white T and some loafers.

bello1308

Reaction score
Setting aside the brand and the embroidery, I quite like it. Not crazy about the metal buttons but to each his own.

Light colored (stone, off white, etc) chinos and a polo would look nice.
Hmm not thought of a polo, what colour white?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This cardigan + jeans/ chinos + polo shirt + red suede loafers sounds like a very bad European mall outfit.

Only thing that can make this combo worse is driving loafers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads