• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What To Pair With Corduroy Jeans....

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I've lost enough weight so that I can fit into my 30's and 31's again.

I have a few pairs of cord jeans that fit perfectly. Question is, what should I pair them with? So far, I've only got the following: cardigan and t shirt with the corduroys.

I have a bunch of stuff I could wear with them: v neck sweaters, shawl collar sweater, polo's, button downs, you name it. Lots of different coats: down, peacoat, cord blazers, leather jacket, and so on.

btw, the cord colors I have are brown, khaki, and olive.

dasai

Reaction score
Tweed?

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anything, i actually wear my cord jeans more than my denim ones. as long as they are not skin tight, they can be dressed up as well. don't think too much about them, just wear them

Ike

Reaction score
I second the anything part. Just pay attention to the wale - eg thin or thick. That can govern more than anything how dressed-up you can be.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Corduroy looks great with good suede and rough textures - heavy oxford cloth, heathered t-shirts, and most textured knitwear.

That "golden khaki" that a lot of cords come in pairs well with burgundy leather and grey suede, as well as maroons, olives, navies, and teals.

Corduroys are great, I'm on that two pairs of jeans tip right now but before that I wore cords almost every day.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew the cords would go well with the suede shoes, it's just everything else above the belt line which I'm trying to coordinate.

Fortunately, I've got some plaid button down shirts which will go nicely.

Makeshift, terrific suggestions on knits too. I think the cords will work out well with a lot of winter pieces.

I do have some corduroy blazers. Hmmm.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Tried pairing a LE chambray shirt with various sweaters. The look wasn't coming together.

Then, I swap out the jeans for a pair of cords, and voila! everything falls neatly into place.

The washed chambray looks a lot like a denim shirt, and with the jeans, was too much. But with cords, spot on.

Cheers.

Expressions Realia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Corduroy looks great with good suede and rough textures - heavy oxford cloth, heathered t-shirts, and most textured knitwear.

That "golden khaki" that a lot of cords come in pairs well with burgundy leather and grey suede, as well as maroons, olives, navies, and teals.

Corduroys are great, I'm on that two pairs of jeans tip right now but before that I wore cords almost every day.

Makeshift pretty much nailed it.
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads