1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What to look for in a pair of undershorts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leo Jay, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

ROT - I have a slew of different models available with cotton-sheathed waistbands. Advertising is not permitted here so send me a pm and I'll send you the links.

2. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

I have pique Polo boxers that I sleep in--the fabric is very soft and smooth--but they're too bulky for me to wear under clothing.

3. Arwen

Arwen Member

I guess my thought is that if your waistband is digging in, you need to swallow your pride and buy some bigger underwear.

4. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

It's actually a matter of the ratio of the waist to the size of the behind. Bigger waistband means baggy shorts. Also, some brands use a rougher finish on the elastic waistband, which can chafe (even when the right size). [​IMG]

5. jerrysfriend

jerrysfriend Senior member

What is going on here? First, Arwen talks of our "little threads," then Kabbatz posts the photos with the well endowed displays of manliness. And of all the topics for the [rare] woman to join in on; male underwear.
    If I did not know better, I would think that some of this hanky-panky was a bit below the belt and not worthy of this forum. I am still trying to explain to my wife about what I wound up looking at when I looked for a hotel for our upcoming PARIS trip and, of course, tried to check out the availability of the HILTON there.

6. Leo Jay

Leo Jay Senior member

Hah.  I trust she didn't fall for your explanation...

7. wicozani

wicozani Active Member

I prefer the regular brief. I have unusually large thighs for my waist (cycling, football, etc.), so by much trial and error I have come to appreciate that the extra fabric on the sides keeps them where they need to be. Indeed, though my waist is 32 I need to get 34-sized briefs because of my thighs.

Jeff