• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to keep, and what to sell?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Errr. I went a little overboard this weekend. I probably can't keep all of this. Wondering what you guys think.

Barney's house label silk/flax sportcoat
DSC09964-1.jpg

DSC09965-1.jpg

Barney's house label windowpane suit - I think the trousers could be slimmed down a little, although it could be the extra material tucked up the leg, and the jacket may just be too big for me. Nice light summer weight.
DSC09979-1.jpg

DSC09978-1.jpg

DSC09972.jpg

DSC09967-1.jpg

Isaia wool/silk/cashmere suit - Tagged a 48C, or US 38S but I think it would work for me. The silk portion of the fabric really throws back light with flash, but it's not that shiny in normal light. The back doesn't fit as well as it could; I'm not sure how much this bothers me.
DSC09984-1.jpg

DSC09991-1.jpg

DSC09988-1.jpg

DSC09983-1.jpg

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jamison,

From the photos, I don't like the fit on any of them. The button stance on the top jacket seems wrong (it's showing shirt). The back of the second jacket looks bunched up. None of them are my size.

Steven

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT
None of them are my size.
devil.gif

I was going to put this in Men's Clothing but it didn't seem appropriate as I may end up selling some or all of these.

And I'm not sure about the fit, either, but the button stance on the first seems fine to me

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Return the Isaia and get yourself a nice plasma/LCD.
smile.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT
Jamison, From the photos, I don't like the fit on any of them. The button stance on the top jacket seems wrong (it's showing shirt). The back of the second jacket looks bunched up. None of them are my size. Steven
Button stance on the first jacket seems fine to me, but the front quarters seem to open quite a bit and perhaps make it look like the button stance is off. You may like open quarters, though. The second jacket's (windowpane suit) shoulders seem too large in the back shot (they look fine from the front, though). The seams looks like they extend beyond your shoulders and it affects the drape of the fabric on your arms. The back can be fixed by a good tailor, but check the shoulders for fit. I like the pattern. The fit issues on the back of the second suit are nothing a good tailor couldn't fix for a nominal price. The jackets all look a little short to me, though. Do they cover your caboose? If so, I would keep the last suit and also the first suit (if the shoulders fit), if you like them and would wear them. You should, however, grow longer arms and legs so you can start buying Euro 48-50 Long and selling them to me!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll buy the 48C Isaia from you if you decide to part with it.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Isaia suit is nice, but seems a bit short for you, didn't like the Barny suit either, seems too big on you.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All are nice, but I like the way the first one fits you the least...

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my eye, the quarters are too open on the first one, de-emphasizing your shoulders. The Isaia doesn't fit in the back, plain and simple. The windowpane is the only keeper.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw some Barney's house label sportcoats this weekend and they were MUCH nicer than I thought they'd be.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
what size do you wear?

I think you should get rid of the first one.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think #2, with some good alterations, is the only possible keeper. The Sc isn't a good cut for you for reasons mentioned above. I like the Isaia fabric the best, but the jacket is too short.

modmica

Reaction score
I'm not an expert, but from a man-on-the-street perspective I would keep #1 and #2 and get rid of the Isaia.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
First one appears to fit the best, but the skirt looks a little big. The others mostly seem too big to me. The back balance of the last one is short on you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads