• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to do with unwanted cologne

az64q

Reaction score
I have a bottle of cologne that I do not like, and has just been sitting there for a couple of years. It is open, I do not have the box, and has been sprayed a few times. It's a somewhat high-end cologne (Mont Blanc Individuel) so I'd rather it not just sit around and collect dust.

Other than throwing it away, what is the best way to get rid of it? I've been looking at eBay, and no one is buying this cologne. Are there any good cologne/perfume websites that have a classifieds section? I seem to remember stumbling upon a fragrance site that had a trade section, where member could send each other bottles of unwanted cologne, but I can't seem to recall it.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Basenotes might be a possibility. (Their site has been down for a while because it got hacked. But you should check it out once it's up again.)

steveobk1985

Reaction score
basenotes is a total rip off. unless you've had an account with them for over a year you'll have to pay $60 just to post in their marketplace forum. I've got lots of cologne up for trade if you're wanting to get something different. If $ is what you want then eBay would be your next best bet. It may take a lot of failed attempts and constant re posting but eventually someone will bite.

StylinGuy

Reaction score
Haha, trying to sell it to someone will be difficult unless you are going to sell it to a buddy. I would never buy an opened bottle of cologne online, no matter how cheap it is.

Like MikeHeath says, just cut your losses and give it to someone close to you. I'm sure your father, brother, or close friend would appreciate it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads