• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to do with this bright blue safari jacket?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7AgPhw5.jpg

I've worn this maybe a grand total of 6x in the past two years, and I've no idea how to pair it or what to do with it.

I picked out the swatch in the tailoring shop to copy an old safari jacket of mine, but it turned out much brighter than I intended it to be.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dress it up more. Wear it in spring with some cream flannels, proper shoes, and a dress shirt

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dress it up more. Wear it in spring with some cream flannels, proper shoes, and a dress shirt
An suggestions on dress shirt colour? It's been surprisingly difficult

mux8

Reaction score
dye it navy, rit dye? I'm not sure, just throwing some ideas.

Anachronist

Reaction score
I actually like that color, it's definitely not the predictable khaki or olive drab. Pair it with the trousers or some khaki/sand colored chinos with some proper shoes (e.g. loafers without socks) a light blue or pastel pink shirt (yes, it's rakish, but it's eye-catching) with or without stripes, a very lightly woven cream-colored scarf and man, you'll just need to be in Nice, Monaco or Cannes (or any other warm location with well dressed people ;-) and you'll look smashing!

asturiano

Reaction score
Dye it yourself. This guy didn't on similar safari jacket and the results were very good. https://woollenhulls.com/post/173874709916/dye-it-yourself
I also did it with 2 blazer . A Boglioli on a cotton/linen blend and a Polo Ralph Lauren in 100% cotton.

The results were great (no shrinkage at all that was my main concern) but i have the pick stitching and button hole thread on the polo was polyester and it didn't take the colour. I had to remove the thread and had a new top stitch and buttonhole made in blue colour.

The dye i use was dylon dye. I looked at rye but it looked very messy and the colours didnt look very rich.

Anachronist

Reaction score
BTW, don't dye it ... it would be a shame for the striking color (and would require all new buttons... what a hassle)

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
perhaps if you got rid of the belt it might be a bit more attractive to my eye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads