• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to do with emerald green wool trousers?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not one of the better choices I've made, especially as I had them made by my tailor.

All I can think of is let them rot in my wardrobe, use them for future fittings, and then donate them.

147LZ09.jpg

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Damn, I love this idea. A blackwatch SC has been on my wish list for a while too.

Don't purchase things to help right bad purchases. That's a losing battle. I also don't think blackwatch would go well with these.

Your best bet is probably to just wear them without a jacket. Should be less jarring.

WhereNext

Reaction score
I'm one of those heathens that wears grey sportcoats, so if you were also raised by wolves, you could go that direction. Perhaps a light- to mid-brown sportcoat? I have a racing green sportcoat (darker, I think than your trousers, but not ridiculously so) and was just thinking about what trousers I pair with it pretty easily.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't purchase things to help right bad purchases. That's a losing battle. I also don't think blackwatch would go well with these.

Your best bet is probably to just wear them without a jacket. Should be less jarring.
That was the intended idea. To wear with no jacket during summer time.

Didn't really end up happening, they mostly just sat there.

I should elaborate, I'm not buying a blackwatch plaid jacket to right this purchase. I've been meaning to get one down the road anyway.
Try pairing with a rich, dark brown sport coat.
Like this? (Not my picture). Hmm, not sure that would work much better.
1212374-4d63fd2e317d3fc742779ed128524b4f.jpg

I'm one of those heathens that wears grey sportcoats, so if you were also raised by wolves, you could go that direction. Perhaps a light- to mid-brown sportcoat? I have a racing green sportcoat (darker, I think than your trousers, but not ridiculously so) and was just thinking about what trousers I pair with it pretty easily.
I don't own one at the moment, but I'd wear one provided it was very textured. This would work great with tweeds, but the trouser colour and cloth scream summer.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was the intended idea. To wear with no jacket during summer time.

Didn't really end up happening, they mostly just sat there.

I should elaborate, I'm not buying a blackwatch plaid jacket to right this purchase. I've been meaning to get one down the road anyway.

Like this? (Not my picture). Hmm, not sure that would work much better.
1212374-4d63fd2e317d3fc742779ed128524b4f.jpg

No. A richer, more earth tone brown.

Green and brown work nice with one another.

Green also works with tan nicely, and I think it could look snazzy with dark charcoal of blank.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wear them. I have a pair of jeans in more or less that color.
I wear them occasionally. I never get negative comments
about them. That may of course be because people are polite.
On the other hand, it could be that I look great in anything.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a classic fall color. Should pair well with other earth tones and autumnal colors.

jack webb

Reaction score
Reminds me of a certain retailer who, every holiday season, offered green trousers with red mallards on them (or maybe green mallards on red). Anyone interested need only have waited until spring to scoop up a pair at 50% markdown.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Reminds me of a certain retailer who, every holiday season, offered green trousers with red mallards on them (or maybe green mallards on red). Anyone interested need only have waited until spring to scoop up a pair at 50% markdown.

Green corduroy trousers with red mallard embroideries would actually be wearable. Pair them with a Shetland sweater, oxford button-down, and some penny loafers.

But I think that color is hard to wear as wool trousers. Too emerald. Would be easier if they were olive like this
oconnells-plain-front-wool-gabardine-trousers-moss-101747-gene_1.jpeg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sport-weight cardigan or chunkier , a cricket sweater , etc . the longer style jumper .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads