• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to do with emerald green wool trousers?

thedose

Reaction score
I would've just gotten a matching green jacket and turned those trousers into a suit -- but I'm bold, so that idea will likely not fit in too well around here :cool:

OP, any specific reason why you decided to get those commissioned in the first place?

Last edited:

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second the recommendation for a grey sportcoat. I wear a grey sport coat and green pants all the time.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would've just gotten a matching green jacket and turned those trousers into a suit -- but I'm bold, so that idea will likely not fit in too well around here :cool:

OP, any specific reason why you decided to get those commissioned in the first place?
Yeah, I wanted something to wear during the summer time with just a linen shirt. I wear too hot to wear sports coats or tailoring during the summer, so it just regresses to business casual.

I actually was tempted to get a matching green jacket to turn them into a suit, but I'm no longer a fan of the colour in wool. I think it looks much better in something like linen.

Since then though, I've gotten an olive linen suit. By far the most versatile combination I've bought. Easily broken up, and also works great during fall and spring.

thedose

Reaction score
I have an emerald green wool VBC s/c that I use from time to time (I often find myself grabbing it instead of my navy one), and I always seem to get compliments when wearing it too *shrug*.

If your trousers fit well, i'd just keep them

Kevin24

Reaction score
I have an emerald green wool VBC s/c that I use from time to time (I often find myself grabbing it instead of my navy one), and I always seem to get compliments when wearing it too *shrug*.

If your trousers fit well, i'd just keep them
I agree! Not the most classic of odd trouser colors but def more versatile than given credit for.

Imo I think you could even get away wearing these with a navy blazer.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t throw good money after bad. If you haven’t found a way to wear it and feel great wearing it for a long time…odds are that will not change no matter what you pair it with

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members