• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to do/where to stay in Portland, OR

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just decided to go to Portland, OR this weekend (4 day weekend) fairly spontaneously. What should I do and where should I stay? I'm a student so I'm trying to keep this excursion around $500-700. I can get R/T airfare for $200.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Yamhill area of Portland is great. And bring your 1) appetite and 2) love of good beer. PDX is becoming a top-5 food city and has many good brews.

The train will get you anywhere- great rail system.

CHeck out: http://goseeportland.com/ A social network/forum populated by the locals.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stay downtown somewhere. It doesn't really matter...maybe the hilton...its pretty cheap there. I got some good rates at other hotels on broadway.... check yahoo travel and throw some names out there. http://www.portlandparamount.com/ I stayed here last winter. Its a quaint hotel, a block from Pioneer Courthouse square or so. same with the vintage plaza....stay downtown...you can get reasonable rates and there's a decent nightlife. http://hotel-guides.us/oregon/portla...wn-hotels.html Also stayed at Great food Great drinks Live music scene isn't as good as it was 10 years ago but not bad Good to walk around are you having a car? I liked hiking up multnumah falls...i'm from portland though but moved to LA but visit there alot. what do you want specificially? what do you like to do?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 270 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.8%
  • 31 - 40