• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to do when you want the pretty young waitress but the old ugly one seats you?

stylemeup

Reaction score
Most of the time when I go to restaurants I always get seated by the old ugly waitresses and thus I feel forced to be served by them.

Meanwhile in the next aisle, there is a pretty young waitress serving other customers.

I would like to know some social tactics to avoid having to be served by ugly old waitresses when I go to a restaurant, and instead by served by the pretty young waitress.

The other month one time a waitress sat me down in a booth that had unopened butter containers from the last meal that was served there. That disgusted me and pissed me off, so I got up and moved to exactly where I wanted to be right away.

Then this waiter dude comes up to me and I told him what happened and I didn't know if the other waitress (she was an old ugly one too LOL) was serving me or not. Then he said: "Did she take your drink order yet?" and I said "No." and he said "I'll take care of you then, this is a different section."

Maybe this tactic can work in all situations? If I claim the original place I was seated was dirty, so I just moved. Then again there is no surefire way to know what section the ugly old waitresses aren't responsible for, thus I might just move into another place where they are still gonna serve me. So perhaps you all have some better tactics than this. Please share.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Deal with it and stop being a pussy.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
Deal with it and stop being a pussy.

This is valuable advice that can be applied in many situations.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get a dude every damn time.

capnpyro

Reaction score
What sort of gratification do you get from having a hot waitress serve you rather then an older one? If you're this concerned with your seating situation and pitching a fit about butter I'm assuming you're not a regular casanova that's getting the hot waitresses number anyway, yea?

adamsnez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
If you're this concerned with your seating situation and pitching a fit about butter I'm assuming you're not a regular casanova that's getting the hot waitresses number anyway, yea?
I'm bringing up a question now that you word it like you've done. Do you guys think it's acceptable to approach a femme while she's at work? whether it be at a restaurant, cashier, retail clerk. Curious, but anyone care to share experiences/outcomes if you HAVE? I've always looked at it as something you shouldnt do.. If anything, wait outside the store doors with the rag til their shift is done

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
What sort of gratification do you get from having a hot waitress serve you rather then an older one? If you're this concerned with your seating situation and pitching a fit about butter I'm assuming you're not a regular casanova that's getting the hot waitresses number anyway, yea?
The same reason places hire attractive waitresses, hostesses, and bartenders: eye candy. If you have to eat, and someone has to serve you, they might as well be a good-looking chick. Just saying.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamsnez
I'm bringing up a question now that you word it like you've done.

Do you guys think it's acceptable to approach a femme while she's at work? whether it be at a restaurant, cashier, retail clerk.

Curious, but anyone care to share experiences/outcomes if you HAVE?
I've always looked at it as something you shouldnt do.. If anything, wait outside the store doors with the rag til their shift is done

Hell, yes! I hit on the cashier at the local Ford dealership, and we had a torrid affair for some months back in 1975. It's not as if you were her professor or boss or in some other kind of "power relationship." I mean, there are not going to be any negative consequences for her if she says, "Sorry, I'm already involved with someone."

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamsnez
I'm bringing up a question now that you word it like you've done.

Do you guys think it's acceptable to approach a femme while she's at work? whether it be at a restaurant, cashier, retail clerk.

Curious, but anyone care to share experiences/outcomes if you HAVE?
I've always looked at it as something you shouldnt do.. If anything, wait outside the store doors with the rag til their shift is done

I've gotten a handful of dates with girls that were working at bars and restaurants. None of the girls ever made it past 5 dates or so. I'm not quite sure what that means (actually it probably means I'm picky). Anyway, to answer your question, yes I think it is acceptable, and it can be done tactfully.. . .HOWEVER, I am now of the opinion that it is probably better simply to establish friendships with those girls if you are a regular at their place of business. Better service, drinks that somehow don't end up on the bill, etc. Large tips take care of them. Buy them a few drinks after their shift if you want. I love hearing bartender stories. They get to see a really interesting side of humanity.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
This is valuable advice that can be applied in many situations.

I hope you are being serious, because you are completely correct that I am completely correct.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why can't you just ask for a specific waitress to serve you?
(its your money. . .)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 86 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 32.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%