1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

what to do in portland, ore

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by discostu004, Jul 15, 2006.

1. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

my wife is going to a cheese-making school or conference or something and i have wednesday-sunday to find stuff to do. other than mario's anything worth doing???

2. pdxjayhawk

pdxjayhawk Member

Walk up Broadway from Mario's to John Hellmer, a great traditional haberdasher. Then just a couple of blocks to Michael Allens, a small store with a great staff.

You must spend some time in Powell's, one of the last great local bookstores in the US. You can spend hours wandering around in there.

Portland's downtown is also home to a BUNCH of great restaurants.

3. ranchsooner

ranchsooner Senior Member

my wife is going to a cheese-making school or conference or something and i have wednesday-sunday to find stuff to do. other than mario's anything worth doing???

5 days at Mario's should do it.[​IMG]

4. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior Member

Go visit the Willamette Valley wine region. Less than 2 hour drive. Do not miss Chehalem and Cristom wineries.

5. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

thanks for the suggestions. i don't drink so wine country is out, unless my wife wants to go, but i bet she'll be zonked after day after day in these things she's going to

6. Stax

Stax Senior Member

I second Powell's.