• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to do about my heels?

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
The dovetail rubber thing on the heels of my shoes are wearing down. I was wearing heel protectors for awhile but they make me feel like I'm walking in high heels. What are some options for protecting and preserving the heels of my shoes?

kohelet

Reaction score
First borrow your gal's 5 inch heels. Walk around, do some chores, etc. After you massage your feet from the pain, put back your heel protectors. And realize your "feeling" of walking in high heels was a poor estimate and you're lucky to even have feet! Amen...

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You get the heel replaced for $15 when it needs it. Or on some setups, just the dovetail.

Hannes

Reaction score
I'm afraid heels eventually wearing down is something you will have to live with, if not wearing heel protectors. The only "solution" would be not wearing the shoes. But as cptjeff said, find a good cobbler and it's an easy fix.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kohelet
First borrow your gal's 5 inch heels. Walk around, do some chores, etc. After you massage your feet from the pain, put back your heel protectors. And realize your "feeling" of walking in high heels was a poor estimate and you're lucky to even have feet! Amen...

New members please refrain from replying to my posts. And put down the ******* crackpipe.

kohelet

Reaction score
Senior member and you're complaing about the structure of your shoe. I'll refrain from commenting when you obtain a wealth of knowledge.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Senior member and you're complaing about the structure of your shoe. I'll refrain from commenting when you obtain a wealth of knowledge.

I like you.

You have potential, unlike 99% of the Newbies.

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When it's time to replace the heels ask your local cobbler for JR heels. They have the dove tail insert but last longer.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't put on heel taps until the heel is sufficiently worn. It should make no difference in height.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
I've had the shoes for 3 months. I shouldn't have to replace the heels. Toppys work good for the toe; is there something similar I can put over the heel? Or are heel protectors my only option?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby
The dovetail rubber thing on the heels of my shoes are wearing down. I was wearing heel protectors for awhile but they make me feel like I'm walking in high heels. What are some options for protecting and preserving the heels of my shoes?

You do realize that the wear is typically rapid initially depending on your gait and then slows down considerably, right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads