1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What to carry, where to keep it

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Feb 8, 2005.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Drizz and Urban Warrior,

You mofos are scary. I carry, let's see: A small billfold with an i.d. pocket, a few slots for credit cards, my keys, a pen, and eyedrops, all in my hiip pockets. Sometimes my cell phone. I put that in my ankle holster though, just in case I need to get the drop on someone.

2. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

I know exactly what you mean.

3. stache

stache Senior member

Have you tried Marshalls and stores like that?

4. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Vman - I found mine years ago at a Nordstrom Rack - got it for around $100 but original retail was like $500. Holds plane tickets nicely too.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Urban, sounds good, I prefer the HK to my other guns mainly because of the grips and general feel, it's just a well balanced gun. I have a pair of Ruger DC89 9mm that I like quite a bit too when I want to go all John Woo [​IMG]

6. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

I've got an HK USP .40 SW, and a Mossberg 590 (for my girlfriend in case of a break-in... no need to aim, just point and click). We also have a Ruger Mark IV (I believe), because it's just plain fun to go through a few thousand rounds on the range, and that little .22 will do it for under $50. Ha ha... never thought I'd see gun fans on this site. Of course, you both live in LA, right?

As for the topic, I use a briefcase. I just got sick of having stuff in my pockets, it makes your pants bulge or your jacket sag and look like crap.

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

yes, LP, there are gun fans on the site, quite a few. we actually had a thread about it on the chat site in nov.

8. Urban Warrior

Urban Warrior Senior member

New York here. Not to hijack the thread but here is a pic of a few of my toy's [​IMG]

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, my other (more serious guns) are a Bulgarian AK, Bushmaster Target 20, and a pre-94 Ingram Mac-10. One of my friends is working on getting me a Dragunov SVD though.

10. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Sweet Jesus you guys. I guess gun ownership is something I'll never understand...UW, are you planning on invading a small country with that arsenal?

A.

P.S.>Yes I am Canadian and have led, apparently, much too sheltered a life to think concealed weapons are a good thing.

11. Urban Warrior

Urban Warrior Senior member

Small country? nah...that's what the tank is for lol...

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Not yet, I need to get the stingers, SA-6s, and maybe a Mi-22 before I consider invading anyone.

13. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

I've been trying to get an FFL-3 (dealer's license), so that I can buy a silencer from these local guys (the one for me is the top level, right hand side): http://dalphon.com/silencers.html I love my H&K USP. Very accurate, good feel, nice groupings. My girlfriend likes it too, says it fits her hand well. She also really likes the mossberg 590 that I gave her. That mossberg saved my life when I was living in San Diego. Some drunk Marine jerkoff got into a fight with my roomate in front of our apartment, and then his buddies decided to all come over after my friend literally KO'd the guy. One of them had a pistol and kicked in my front door. I was standing by the entrance hallway with my Mossberg pointed at the doorway (and him standing there). He waved his gun around a bit, pointed it at me, he was yelling at me to get my friend so they could go outside and all this crap, and then for some reason he just kind of staggered out, and I called the police. It was bizarre and pretty frightening overall. What was funny though about the whole situation is that the idiot bragged to the cops about how he had kicked in my door and barged in, gun and everything. The cop came over and asked if the guy was telling the truth, he didn't believe anyone would be stupid enough to do such a thing first of all, and then brag about it to the cops when they showed up. At one point, the cop told me the guy would probably be charged with at least 2-3 felonies. I don't understand idiots like that.

14. globetrotter

why the fuck would any civillian want or need a silencer?

15. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Oh, before the gunfight breaks out over arms control I scanned the wallet some asked about, it's made by Mulholland Brothers - this is it after 6 years or so of continuous use [​IMG]

16. j

j Senior member Admin

For hearing protection, maybe? They are REQUIRED in some areas, in Finland for example. They are not just for assassinations, you know. Besides, they are cool.
    You are in WA, so you don't need a license to buy a suppressor (silencer). You can get one with the usual ATFE rigamarole. However, it is illegal to use one in the state of Washington. You can't get around that law. Carlo, very nice holster, er.. wallet.

17. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

LOL - In Texas folks have handguns and open beverage containers in their car. Why that seems incomprehensible elsewhere you can pretty much count on Dallas drivers being polite and not honking :)

18. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

J -

Hey, I like your clever posts, btw. What part of Seattle are you in? I'm currently living/working downtown, moving to apartment on Capital Hill this weekend. What area are you in?

Are you sure about the surpressor and only need standard ATF papers for it? I thought you were required to have an FFL-3, or whatever it's called.

I only want the surpressor so when we go plinking, my girlfriend will not have to wear the ear protection. Also, I think surpressors are just plain cool, and it would be great fun to go plinking with one while wearing my bowler and a 3-piece suit. Heh heh heh.

19. globetrotter

why . . . would any civillian want or need a silencer?
    For hearing protection, maybe? They are REQUIRED in some areas, in Finland for example. They are not just for assassinations, you know. Besides, they are cool.
    You are in WA, so you don't need a license to buy a suppressor (silencer). You can get one with the usual ATFE rigamarole. However, it is illegal to use one in the state of Washington. You can't get around that law. Carlo, very nice holster, er.. wallet.
    well, I think that we went through this before - but it seems a pretty poor reason to have a weapon around, because it is cool. on the other hand, if you really want to play, you can always sign up, spend a few years getting trained on uncle sam's dime, and maybe get a chance to use a silencer, and get paid to do it.

20. j

j Senior member Admin

LP: I live on Sand Point, which is just northeast of the UW. I am pretty sure about the suppressor. Talk to someone at Wade's gun shop in Bellevue - they have a few in stock and can tell you about how to get one. It's a $200 tax and a background check, and a waiting period of months. But you still won't be able to legally use it in WA.

GT: A suppressor, regardless of how the US tax agencies look at it, is not a weapon. And killing people is not the only reason to have one, either. Uncle Sam doesn't let you stick to targets.