• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What time is it socially acceptable to have your first drink?

lpalma121

Reaction score
Just asking you all out there if there's a rule against having a drink after 11am and before 12. I only drink red wine at home or even out in bar/lounge so don't think I'm talking a long island iced tea here. If anything it's medicinal at this stage. Today I poured myself a glass at around 11:30 ish and my fiancÃ
00a9.png
told me point blank you need to control yourself. WTF??? The last time I got even slightly drunk was about 10 years ago. So is there a unwritten rule I don't know about? I meanif you're at home with out any obligations through out the day I don't see what the fuss is

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloody Marys for breakfast are always appropriate.

BC2012

Reaction score
On vacation anything goes. I routinely crush vodka with eggs when I'm at the beach house.

lpalma121

Reaction score
^^^ lol it makes the day a little more interesting imo

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dump her or she will be a pain in your ass forever.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not really you cna have liquor with your coffee in the morning without a problem.

BC2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Small timer. Real SF alcoholics use Johnnie Walker Blue Label King George V Edition.
REMYXIIICOG.jpg
This is the Big Timer morning drink of choice.

lpalma121

Reaction score
You guys really shed light to the situation. For a minute there I thought I had a problem but I care to think of it as techron 3 for my body.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I was on vacation recently I often had breakfast and then a gin and tonic or perhaps a Guinness Foreign Extra.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fast asleep if I have more than 1 drink and then stop drinking - so I rarely drink during the day, even on vacation. I either have to go all out, or limit myself to 1.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads