What time do you wake up for work?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Connemara, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Augustus Medici

Augustus Medici Senior member

You guys have some messed up schedules. I'm doing good if I roll my ass out of bed by 7:30.

I tried working out in the morning a few times but gave up. I prefer to maximize sleep.

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

5:30 am - I've got a long and drawn-out morning routine just to get my body and mind functional.

3. otc

otc Senior member

The people I knew who worked as analysts at ibanks didn't get up early either...they weren't so much associated with clients but it was still that the higher ups wouldn't have work to pass on to them until later in the day. None of them were in the office at 9AM on the regular...but of course most of them were still IN the office at 9PM on the regular.

4. Kai

Kai Senior member

5. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

Yea, some one plot the x y equation of affluence. I wake up late and I am poorest guy here.

6. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

For you guys that get up at 430 or some similiar godforsaken time before the sun - what time do you get to bed, and how many hours of sleep do you need/get a night?

7. sciphiyem

sciphiyem Senior member

I worked a 4am - 1pm shift many years ago, and I'd get to bed around 930-10. Once you get adjusted, it's not that bad.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012

8. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

Another reason why I needed to get up earlier. Boss' boss is sending e-mails at 6:40 am from his desk.

I do 5-6 hours every weeknight. Then I cheat on the weekend and take a long nap.

9. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I too am in bed usually by 10:00 p.m. and I'm one of those people who is asleep within a few minutes of my head hitting the pillow. Now that I have a DVR, I don't feel that I am missing out on anything by not being up later. lol Wednesday nights I'm in a bowling league so those are my late nights. I'm usually not in bed until about 11:00 p.m. It also helps that I work a 4/40 schedule so I am off on Fridays and if I don't have anything I need/want to do and I am overly tired, I can easily catch up on my sleep on Friday mornings.

10. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

6:30 generally, earlier if I have to drive far. I'm in drug sales and business stops at 5 so I have to get shit done before then.

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

This is why I hate the modern work culture. In 1975, your boss may be at the office by 6:40 but he won't be ruining your day until 9AM.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Seeing the occasional outlier but things do look highly predictive. One adjustment for something along the lines of people that start late but do 10+ hour days on a regular basis and the model looks even more predictive.

13. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I'm generally in bed by 10 or 10:30. I don't function well without 7-8 hours of sleep per night.

14. NiceGuyTom

NiceGuyTom Well-Known Member

Up between 7-8 am depending on if I'm going on a jog or up with my kid. @ work by 9-9:15. Home between 4:30-5:30 depending on work / family / exercise schedules.

FYI for those of you getting sub 6 hours of sleep every night you're messing up your hormones / metabolism... If you're tossing stimulants like coffee on top of that you're probably going to be fucked down the line. Just saying [​IMG]

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm usually in bed by 10 at the latest.