• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What tie with this shirt?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
If you want to wear bright pink, that's your prerogative. (Mory makes it work!) But I think you could do better. White collar shirts look a lot more put together when they have white double cuffs as well.

I'd go with a dark tie. Maybe something with light polka dots on it. Navy or black would do well.

trogdor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
White collar shirts look a lot more put together when they have white double cuffs as well.

Or, at the very least, french cuffs in the same colour as the body.

That said, I kinda like the shirt. I might try it with something dark, like a plain navy with an interesting weave.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As Jovan and Trogdor said, the button, non-contrast cuffs are a deal breaker for me.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
black with white polka dots, pair it with a dark grey suit.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a J.Crew shirt like that, but it has white contrast French Cuffs.

In any case, a traditional navy tie blends well with the brighter shirt. The right shade of darker reds seems to work for me as well.

My favorite tie for my similar shirt, however, is a mint green (a light but not bright shade of green that I really can't describe well) with pink polka dots.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
here you go
smile.gif

71608_WV7246.jpg

JR_Rider

Reaction score
I was going to buy that exact same polo shirt from the polo outlet in Concord Mills, NC, where they had it for $20. I couldn't bring myself to buy a hot pink shirt. I really like the shirt, but just not for me. Back to the topic at hand though, I've seen some nice navy with pink design ties at TJ Maxx that would work very well with that. My recommendation is that you get a tie that has navy and pink.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually saw someone with that shirt with the exact tie that I posted, with a SBPL charcoal pinstriped 3-button suit and brown AEs that actually looked fairly good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads