• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

Ebonyman

Reaction score
I went to the 34th street store and found a Belvest suit and a Pal Zeleri. The Belvest was $599 and the Pal was $399. I think they were either 42 or 44r.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Speaking of which, the 18th Street store has some soft Belvest sports coats in a medium blue and a couple of plaid Cornelianis. They're in the $300 range and all 44s or 46s.

Peurist

Reaction score
Just returned from a stop at the Philly store -- beautiful blazers and coats from Copen Group -- makers of Pennesi, Royal Hem and others. It is an unknown manufacturer to those here on SF, but is truly beautiful stuff. Additionally, I was told a truck w/10,000 pieces will be coming in tomorrow, so I expect that to be the biggest shipment that they will be getting in. For those looking for the Saitt/Mastai Ferretti shirts, I expect they will be on this week's truck if you have not already seen large amounts in stores.

And as for the Philly store in particular, there were rumors in store today that the location will become a new Century 21, the first outside of NY and NJ. That is not confirmed, only a rumor, but it is the only thing I could imagine that could properly fill that space.

Ebonyman

Reaction score
To a trip over to 44th & Madison at lunch. A ton of fall/winter coats, jackets & sweaters just arrived. Didn't see much of interest until I spotted some very nice David Chu SCs. I'm not familiar with David Chu clothing but the jackets seemed well done for the price point. I just wasn't in the mood to buy winter weight clothing. A little more digging turned up a very nice olive/tan plaid jacket by Chu in a nice year round weight. Snapped it up and felt quite satisfied to plunk down the $69 it cost.

The suggested retail is listed @ $995!

I need to Google David Chu....

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Okay...Mr. Chu founded Nautica! Embarrased that I didn't know that.....:embar:

MysticAura

Reaction score
Gazzarinni in at E 57 and Soho. Almost all leather jackets in size 38, few larger and few 36. Picked up the sickest-butter soft-reddish brown suede. Saw some sportcoats too

Flannel dellachiana suit 40R at 44th and Madison

There was also a sick 40R slubby glen plaid suit, unknown italian brand at 34th St location

Last edited:

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay...Mr. Chu founded Nautica! Embarrased that I didn't know that.....
shog[1].gif

DC started a line of high end men's tailored clothing called, David Chu. He also had a diffusion line called LINCS by David Chu. I think David Chu may have failed, but the quality was very high. I believe his idea was to compete with Purple Label. In any event, those SCs for $69 are grand theft larceny.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saitt/Mastai Ferretti shirts are hitting the stores. I stocked up on my way home from work. There were a decent number of wearable fabrics and cuts. I got some at the Herald Square store and decided to stroll down to Union Square. I hit the 18th street location on the way and several more caught my eye. I ended up with ten well-made shirts for $300. Daffy's will be missed.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Saitt/Mastai Ferretti shirts are hitting the stores. I stocked up on my way home from work. There were a decent number of wearable fabrics and cuts. I got some at the Herald Square store and decided to stroll down to Union Square. I hit the 18th street location on the way and several more caught my eye. I ended up with ten well-made shirts for $300. Daffy's will be missed.

What size did you get? Photos?

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All size 40. Mostly Mastai Ferretti, a few from a store in Rome called "Harrison." I took some pics with my camera to go with the post, but I can't find the cord that attaches my camera to the computer.

I'd take iPhone pix but I have to head out.

Last edited:

Ebonyman

Reaction score

DC started a line of high end men's tailored clothing called, David Chu. He also had a diffusion line called LINCS by David Chu. I think David Chu may have failed, but the quality was very high. I believe his idea was to compete with Purple Label. In any event, those SCs for $69 are grand theft larceny. 

Thanks for that! Now I feel even better about my purchase. They did have a pretty good supply of the LINCS jackets as well. I only recall seeing 2 or 3 of the DC line and I bought one of those!

The drape on the DC is awesome and there is little to no padding in the shoulders. The color and muted plaid pattern is super versatile too.

Damn, I wish there were more!

MysticAura

Reaction score

Thanks for that! Now I feel even better about my purchase. They did have a pretty good supply of the LINCS jackets as well. I only recall seeing 2 or 3 of the DC line and I bought one of those!
The drape on the DC is awesome and there is little to no padding in the shoulders. The color and muted plaid pattern is super versatile too.
Damn, I wish there were more!

Thought there was a lot, all larger sizes though. Would have bought some if size were smaller. Thought the lapels were pressed hard though and not rolled - any thoughts post-purchase on the lapels? Will look around for smaller sizes. I have a pair of DC pants tho - excellent stuff

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daffy's had David Chu coats for spring and summer a few months back. Extremely good value for the price; prices at a DC sample sale a few years ago were several times higher.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did all the stores have a good selection/stock? which one had the best selection?

thanks!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads