• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Maybe it's me, but the prices of luxury clothing seem to have gone up in the last few years.
Check out the off-price Incotex at STP:
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/in...1234u/?filterString=s~incotex/&colorFamily=04

Do you realize that STP always has 35% codes running? Also, the Daffy's Incotex stuff was mainly samples and unsold stock from many seasons ago, and possibly seconds (never fully confirmed). So it's no wonder they were going for $65 on the B&S

Last edited:

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Daffys has been my #1 source for ties, socks and dress shirts for years! Some of the "sample" items I've purchased down through the years have been amazing. Everything from an navy Armani suit for $300 purchased 15 years ago to the Jey Cole Khaki suit purchased this past February for $119! just a month or so ago, I bought two pairs of Zegna by incotex linen/cotton pants for $30 each!!!

Also, I've purchased tons of great made in italy slacks, casual tops, shorts, sport shirts and even hats at super low prices that left my friends amazed at how I was able to build such a diverse wardrobe.

I'm going to save a lot of money now because I just won't be shopping as much with these guys gone.

Boy I hope they get saved somehow.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you realize that STP always has 35% codes running? Also, the Daffy's Incotex stuff was mainly samples and unsold stock from many seasons ago, and possibly seconds (never fully confirmed). So it's no wonder they were going for $65 on the B&S

Yes, I know about the codes. They're still up there compared to Daffy's.

I bought four pairs of Incotex Super 150s dress trou at a Daffy's this Spring for $59/pair that are most definitely recent, in perfect condition to the eye and were part of a small haul. There weren't the racks and racks of the mostly cotton overstock with cut tags seen previously, but maybe eleven perfect pairs with the pockets stitched shut.

It's deals like this that I'll miss.

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score
Just discovered a Daffy's exclusive in the 11th hour.

Jey Cole Men (JCM) has a line called Archivia --- and a black leather jacket that is as fine as they come.

It's a biker jacket - very slim fit.

LORO PIANA ALERT!!!

At the Manhasset store there were CDP (Compaigna Delle Pelle) leathers lined with Loro Piana fabrics!

A rarity (bought one for myself).

Enjoy these last days at Daffy's...the feeding frenzy has begun!

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just discovered a Daffy's exclusive in the 11th hour.
Jey Cole Men (JCM) has a line called Archivia --- and a black leather jacket that is as fine as they come.
It's a biker jacket - very slim fit.
LORO PIANA ALERT!!!
At the Manhasset store there were CDP (Compaigna Delle Pelle) leathers lined with Loro Piana fabrics!
A rarity (bought one for myself).
Enjoy these last days at Daffy's...the feeding frenzy has begun!

pics?

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score
Just got back from Daffy's in NYC.

Most of the merchandise is coming in the next week. The store has a "no returns after 7/23" sign posted.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the company "FB" (not sure if it stands for "fashion brand" or something else) is the best it has even been this fall.

I picked up a trio of blazers that look like they were cut by a Neopolitan tailor. If you look at Sleevehead's blog on"Haspel" you'll see the kind of blazers FB is making this season.

See his blog for an image of what I'm talking about:

http://sleevehead.blogspot.com/2012/06/haspel-2012.html

One of the three blazers I picked up was constructed of 20% cashmere and 80% wool --- it is striking. The fit, construction, and fabric quality is all far beyond the crap that FB usually puts out.

The FB shipment just came in - so get there in the next 24 hours or the stuff will be gone (in your size, anyway, as each store only gets in one - maybe two - per size).

It seems like all of Daffy's Italian clothing suppliers are really stepping up their men's game for the fall of 2012 --- just in time for the company to go under.

What to do next year?

Last edited:

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got back from Daffy's in NYC.
Most of the merchandise is coming in the next week. The store has a "no returns after 7/23" sign posted.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but the company "FB" (not sure if it stands for "fashion brand" or something else) is the best it has even been this fall.
I picked up a trio of blazers that look like they were cut by a Neopolitan tailor. If you look at Sleevehead's blog on"Haspel" you'll see the kind of blazers FB is making this season.
See his blog for an image of what I'm talking about:
http://sleevehead.blogspot.com/2012/06/haspel-2012.html
One of the three blazers I picked up was constructed of 20% cashmere and 80% wool --- it is striking. The fit, construction, and fabric quality is all far beyond the crap that FB usually puts out.
The FB shipment just came in - so get there in the next 24 hours or the stuff will be gone (in your size, anyway, as each store only gets in one - maybe two - per size).
It seems like all of Daffy's Italian clothing suppliers are really stepping up their men's game for the fall of 2012 --- just in time for the company to go under.
What to do next year?

Haspel's actually good? lol

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score
Is Haspel's actually good?

Well, no. At the moment, Haspel blows.

But their fall preview showed a great deal of promise and a new direction for the company.

However, the company now appears to be going bankrupt, and they haven't produced any of the blazers from their preview in NYC.

(And, I too was surprised by the quality of Haspel's new collection, given the tripe they usually ship off to Lord & Taylor's)

Last edited:

Peurist

Reaction score
Quick note -- Daffy's just got in a new batch of leathers, which includes items from Emporio Armani and Armani Jeans, as well as other items from less-known labels like Brogden and RA-RE. Really great stuff an insanely low prices.

Last edited:

Peurist

Reaction score

picked up some nice sweaters from a company called benson, any incite on them.

Benson is an American label, often carried at Gilt. Decently made stuff, and worth the prices that Daffy's is charging. C21 is selling the same items at around twice the price right now.

MysticAura

Reaction score
Leathers throughout NYC stores quite poor. There were some NICE blazers in a size 40 in heavy tweeds at 44 and Madison though. Made by previously unheard of manufacturer. Name started with a D I believe

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics