What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Peurist, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

For anyone interested, Fall merchandise has slowly started to come into stores. Of note -- Corgi socks in just about every store (also look for socks marked 'SOX of Wales'); Les Copains knitwear should be in at 57th & Lex. location, and several stores have gotten in items from Hirschleifers --- the East Hanover, NJ store had items from Thom Browne, Cuccinelli, Band of Outsiders, Acne, Rag & Bone, Levis Made & Crafted...and I expect several NYC locations will have received that merchandise as well (likely 34th St, 44th & Madison, and the two 57th St. locations).

Will update here in the next few weeks if there is anything worth mentioning to the SF crowd.

2. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

And for non-Daffy's fans, Century 21 has already come out w/a large amount of Fall items, including numerous Italian and European designers.

TJMaxx in NYC (18th St., along w/the Marshalls downstairs) had a large amount of Dolce & Gabanna, Valentino and Corneliani items sitting around last time I checked - likely been marked down at this point -- TJMaxx/Marshalls is the current recipient of closeouts from the Mitchell's line of stores up in Greenwich, and I believe they are now getting in closeouts direct from Corneliani in certain locations -- but that is really location-specific, depending on what TJX corporate believes are 'worthy' stores.

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Thanks [​IMG]

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I would probably pass out if I walked into the Michigan Avenue Marshalls in Chicago and saw anything in suits other than Lauren Ralph Lauren or Calvin Klein. Right after that, I would study the label to make sure it did not actually say Carneliani or Cornyliani and have a MSRP of $99.

5. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

+1

6. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

I recently purchased 2 pairs of Zegna linen slacks from the Wall Street Daffys. The labels were cut out but when I looked at the content label it read ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA. They wore both $29.99!!! One pair in a very nice medium shade of blue and the other pair was a medium brown. The have an amazing fit and so far have been my best bargain buy of the summer.

7. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Probably wearing one of those bad boys today. Sweltering in NYC today.

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Photos?

9. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

My guess is these were left over Incotex from earlier in the Spring season. If you still have the Daffy's price tag on them, can you do me a favor and check the vendor code and season code on the pants? (see here re: how to decipher the price tag -- http://yellowbaggers.blogspot.com/2011/06/anatomy-of-daffys-hang-tag.html)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

10. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

Checked out the Daffys at Herald Square around 6 after work today. Absolutely nothing worthwhile whatsoever. Nothing

11. knezz

knezz Senior member

Checked out Philadelphia and nothing at all either.

12. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

This is the story of Daffy's 99.9% of the time. I picked up a few nice bowls there a a few weeks ago!

13. tropics

tropics Senior member

i took a look in east 57th st on tuesday.
    they had a few large A.P.C. sports coats and overcoats, selected sizes pringle cashmere sweaters. all around $150.
    N&F skinny guys size 31 for $40. some levis' made + crafted (38 waist!). and some random cuccinelli junk like a $400 raggedy-looking long sleeve polo shirt.

it was just one rail but if they get more of the same it could be promising. all i bought was a couple of pairs of the corgi socks.

14. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

How much were the corgi?

15. ltontheqt

ltontheqt Senior member

Something like $13 apiece in Philly.