1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Peurist, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. plei89

plei89 Senior member

This

2. thegreatgatsby

thegreatgatsby Senior member

[ATTACHMENT=3231]002.JPG (2,694k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3232]006.JPG (2,588k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3233]010.JPG (2,668k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3234]007.JPG (2,554k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3235]005.JPG (2,707k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3236]AT.png (28k. png file)[/ATTACHMENT]Photos of the Antichi Telia 1894 Safari Jacket from - of all places - Daffy's.

Entirely handmade.

Enjoy:

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ive never once purchased anything from Daffys. I won't miss it at all, to be honest. :hide:

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Great find!

Which daffys was this and did they have more?

5. mfadam

mfadam Senior member

Gatsby has it right. If you dig there are some incredible finds at prices you'll never get on yoox, gilt, etc.

Daffy's also has a great kids' selection. Same thing, little known Italian brands that you can buy for pennies on the dollar if you know what you are looking for. I'm going to pick up a lot of kids stuff before they close as you just can't find the quality/price mix anywhere else.

Basically I'm ruined for shopping post Daffys....

1 person likes this.
  6. thegreatgatsby

I'm sorry to say that it was a "one off" (it's marked Sample).

It was at the West 57th St. location (between 8th/9th).

7. thegreatgatsby

I second this sentiment.

I have a 6 year old niece - and I've bought Christmas and birthday presents for her (sometimes "overspending" on her), because you can get a child an entire wardrobe made in Italy for $600 - $1K...the price of one item from Gucci Kids.

Just a thought to leave readers of this thread with:

If you haven't ever been to Daffy's, it is not surprising that you "won't be sad" or "won't miss" Daffy's when it's gone.

Perhaps this thread is for people who either:

A) Want to comment on their experience with Daffy's

or

B) Want to ask questions (or learn about) Daffy's as it winds down, as most stores will be open (and fully stocked) until October 15th

There is a HUGE warehouse in Secaucus, NJ yet to be cleaned out!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  8. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Visited the Herald Sq location yesterday.

Not super appetizing selection. Not sure if it is due to this being the pit of the summer, or an indication of when store buyers had to stop buying.

A group of the shirts that have come in for fall are from the Inghirami group, only they are 15 or 20 years old -- well-made but with slightly outdated styling, esp with sport shirts.

Among the shoes was a table of Super Leon models dating from the same period.

It's rare to see such a quantity of such outdated stuff.

There were better selections of Jay Cole Man and Xagon, as well as some good knitwear but overall meh.

Hope another season of merch hits the stores before the final curtain.

9. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

I've twice scored Isaia suits at Daffy's for under $500. I've scored Fedeli knits. I will miss it. Especially considering the new pricing structure of many luxury wholesalers.

10. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

What is the quality of Xagon and Jay Cole Man?

11. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Which is?

12. thegreatgatsby

Xagon Man is hit or miss. The jackets are a mix of wool/poly or cotton/poly. The construction is (sometimes) a bit fashion forward.

I am a huge fan of their new motorcycle jackets.

I suggest trying their shirts and knits --- you'll need to be slim though.

As for Jey Cole Man: this season far surpasses anything in the past.

The construction is top notch (unlined jackets/blazers that you can roll up in a ball just as nicely as any Belvest jacket --- and it comes out wrinkle free).

With JCM the cut/fit is athletic (somewhat slim), but allows for freedom of movement.

In terms of JCM's fabrics ---- it runs the gamut. Some are all cotton or all wool, some are a mix of the two, and there are several pieces I noticed with a wool/poly blend.

13. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Does anyone know anything about the brand shown in this tag?

[​IMG]

14. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Yes -- that is merchandise from Copen Group. They make, among other things, Pennesi and Royal Hem, and are contract manufacturers for lots of labels. Always nicely made stuff if you can get your hands on it. Suits are usually half-canvassed, and slim fit. Feel free to PM w/any particulars.

15. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Yeah they are definitelty slim fit. I tried on a suit, and I could barely get my arms in the sleeves. I have a pair of pants from them (1 size up from what I normally wear) that actually fit really well after I had the waist brought in. They are half-lined to the knee.

16. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Do you realize that STP always has 35% codes running? Also, the Daffy's Incotex stuff was mainly samples and unsold stock from many seasons ago, and possibly seconds (never fully confirmed). So it's no wonder they were going for $65 on the B&S

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  17. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Daffys has been my #1 source for ties, socks and dress shirts for years! Some of the "sample" items I've purchased down through the years have been amazing. Everything from an navy Armani suit for $300 purchased 15 years ago to the Jey Cole Khaki suit purchased this past February for $119! just a month or so ago, I bought two pairs of Zegna by incotex linen/cotton pants for $30 each!!!

Also, I've purchased tons of great made in italy slacks, casual tops, shorts, sport shirts and even hats at super low prices that left my friends amazed at how I was able to build such a diverse wardrobe.

I'm going to save a lot of money now because I just won't be shopping as much with these guys gone.

Boy I hope they get saved somehow.

18. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

Yes, I know about the codes. They're still up there compared to Daffy's.

I bought four pairs of Incotex Super 150s dress trou at a Daffy's this Spring for $59/pair that are most definitely recent, in perfect condition to the eye and were part of a small haul. There weren't the racks and racks of the mostly cotton overstock with cut tags seen previously, but maybe eleven perfect pairs with the pockets stitched shut.

It's deals like this that I'll miss.

19. thegreatgatsby

Just discovered a Daffy's exclusive in the 11th hour.

Jey Cole Men (JCM) has a line called Archivia --- and a black leather jacket that is as fine as they come.

It's a biker jacket - very slim fit.

LORO PIANA ALERT!!!

At the Manhasset store there were CDP (Compaigna Delle Pelle) leathers lined with Loro Piana fabrics!

A rarity (bought one for myself).

Enjoy these last days at Daffy's...the feeding frenzy has begun!