• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What the hell is going on with idiot new members????

Haqq

Reaction score
I think the Admin should turn off the Post count in the userbit... Why give a user a face, low post = ugly High post = Hot...

Everyone should be equal!

Edit: + Also with postcount active, people tend to postwhore. (Useless posts just to increase postcount)

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Maybe, just maybe NOOBs first 100 posts should be confined to just one area for the first 100 posts - the introduction thread or some FAQ/Noob control area or just DT??

I mean lets face it, the majority of their 100 first posts ARE dumb posts.

"Oh hey, interview shoes, my brother recommends kenneth cole loafers"

Mandatory indoctrination?

tomb1.jpg

YOU ... SHALL BE ... LIKE UZZZ ...

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
This is my first post on this thread. Hope you wankers will be nice to me.
plain.gif

Wankers??!???! Learn some manners, Noooooooooob!!!!!! Fappers is the preferred nomenclature.
teacha.gif

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Wankers??!???! Learn some manners, Noooooooooob!!!!!! Fappers is the preferred nomenclature.
teacha.gif

shlick shlick shlick..

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Actually, it was the smart idea to put PMs as a sub-sub category under "Super control" where no one could find it that killed Superfuture. The search function has also become impossible to locate. VBulletin is fairly well designed. Why they decided to mess around with that part of the site, I have no insight on. The rest of the site could have been redesigned, and they could have left the interface for Supertalk pretty much intact, and everything would probably have been hunky dory. Instead, they now have Super-Vista. Congratulations.

The ******* dots are the real problem. I can't stand the ******* dots.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
This is my first post on this thread. Hope you wankers will be nice to me.
plain.gif

What do you think "wankers" is in Japanese, Red? Surely not the ubiquitous "baka?"

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Makes sense. Though, my "knowing looks" and hints of dry humor tend to fall flat and I get the "WTF?" look really easily. Maybe I'm just not doing it right.
wink.gif

I always thought that "baka" was a term too often used. One thing that is fun about English is that put-downs, profanity, and overall angry terminology is much more colorful. Depending on context, "baka" seems to mean everything from fool to dumbass to asshole to fuckwad.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
nah, a lot of new guys show up with urgent legitimate questions. Every year around prom time there is a newb surge for example. Now sure, you can make a point that the correct answer is "search function", but really this sort of stuff is the lifeblood of boards like this. A lot of those guys stick around and become Respected Members, most fall by the wayside....but at the same time, they have real questions for the board, and discussion follows from this.

+1. It can get frustrating, though, when 1/3 of the threads on a given page are about the same thing.
"Boat shoes... OK?"
"Boat shoes are back"
"Mag says boat shoes passe"
"WHERE CAN I GET BOAT SHOES ONLINE??!"
"Are Band of Outsiders boat shoes a good value?"
"Good alternatives to BoO boat shoes"
"Boat shoes with jeans. What are you rocking?"
"+++Official boat shoe alert thread+++"

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
+1. It can get frustrating, though, when 1/3 of the threads on a given page are about the same thing.
"Boat shoes... OK?"
"Boat shoes are back"
"Mag says boat shoes passe"
"WHERE CAN I GET BOAT SHOES ONLINE??!"
"Are Band of Outsiders boat shoes a good value?"
"Good alternatives to BoO boat shoes"
"Boat shoes with jeans. What are you rocking?"
"+++Official boat shoe alert thread+++"

Yeah, and what's with all the threads about clothes?
patch[1].gif
crazy.gif
peepwall[1].gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
+1. It can get frustrating, though, when 1/3 of the threads on a given page are about the same thing. "Boat shoes... OK?" "Boat shoes are back" "Mag says boat shoes passe" "WHERE CAN I GET BOAT SHOES ONLINE??!" "Are Band of Outsiders boat shoes a good value?" "Good alternatives to BoO boat shoes" "Boat shoes with jeans. What are you rocking?" "+++Official boat shoe alert thread+++"
and the scary part is, at least half of the kids in streetwear dont even have a boat. Peasants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads